watermark/MD5 hash and decimation on variable

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
FrankieG

Post by FrankieG »

OK let me explain, in my state to send video to court and use it as evidence you must prove the video has not been tampered with. I work in the gaming industry doing surveillance and we use an MD5 hash creation with the video clips as they are written to the hard drives. Would it be possible to implement this into zoneminder now that it has the ability to record in video instead of JPEGs, also with this would be a challenge to compare the original MD5 file with any copy of said video to verify its authenticity.

I also note that the purge when full filter will erase older events however I find it useful to overwrite files as they become older than I feel I need to keep, for example lets say monitor 1 is of my front door and monitor 2 is of my back yard. I would like to set monitor 1 to erase any files older than 14 days and my back yard to erase files older than 30 days (damn neighbor kids cutting through my yard). The length of time could vary with a drop down selecting duration ie...hours days weeks months etc...and a box to put in the number of.

I am starting to look into the code now and see what I can come up with and if I do stumble across making things work will post it here. I am also looking into a user friendly front end to play video and events as well as navigate a map to select monitors.

One last feature request before I go hit the code would be adding viewers and the ability to program them from the main interface where monitors are created, my thought on this would be I could select a viewer and send any monitor (stream to it) image to it. I was thinking maybe setup vlc on anything and send a stream to in over ip thus creating a never ending virtual matrix and with later option to create a true video wall.

Again I am looking into the programming of all of this and its implementation but I dont know a whole lot currently and will be using spare time to learn but any help and interest with any of these features would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for what hopefully will be some amazing additions.