Bonjour?

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
jbmia

Bonjour?

Post by jbmia »

Most ip cams have the ability to broadcast via Bonjour these days.. In addition, many people have older cell phones that might be repurposed in an ad hoc fashion to stream local video. One easy way of doing this is a simple app (e.g, Pocketcam) that streams to a local server via Bonjour. It would be great if Zoneminder could either act as a bonjour server or connect with one so these same streams could be configured as monitors in zm. This could be similar to web cam and how they're used with mjpeg streamer... The idea certainly isn't fully baked, but I'm hoping it will generate some discussion.

edit: As a side note, for those interested... I was able to download an iphone app to my old iphone 3gs called "wireless camera" from the app store. This app sends an http video signal on my local network.. it displays a web page with more info than just the stream, but I was able to look at the source and pull the data out to create a monitor in zm successfully... Please note:

source type: remote
remote address: ip of phone, (show in the app, once it's built in server is activated)
port: default is 80, but can be changed in the app.
remote host path: /image.mjpg (note this is what was pulled from the html source).
the 3gs is 640x480 resolution so that needs to be defined in the capture width and height as well...

Hope this is interesting for someone..