Automatic License Plate Recognition

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
brettk80

Automatic License Plate Recognition

Post by brettk80 »

This is like OCR, but for license plates, here are a few samples of what I think would be great:

ALPR by iSpy

PlateGatewayRT

It would be nice if this was automated and just stored in a database or tied to events, etc.
Terry H

Re: Automatic License Plate Recognition

Post by Terry H »

In the U.S., more and more license plate readers are being introduced in mostly the Eastern and Western States. There are thousands of varieties of license plates from the 50 states and it is hard to see how this technology is able to correctly identify both the number and the State that it is coming from. To see examples of some of the various designs and styles (not all inclusive), you can see http://shoplicenseplates.com and this shows that some states have a bar code on them which would make it easier - but some of the bar codes are easly covered by license plate frames and cannot be visible. So again, it would be interesting to know more about how this is being processed
SteveGilvarry

Re: Automatic License Plate Recognition

Post by SteveGilvarry »

This is the only plugin that exists for the Plugin supporting version of Zoneminder, which emanupap was working on. I have merged his work but I am still working on getting it up and running.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)