POS text overlay

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
qkumbr

POS text overlay

Post by qkumbr »

Greetings,

My company installs POS systems and camera systems. We've been using DVRs with D1/CIF for years but are looking to break ties with our supplier due to frequent hardware failures. Additionally we're looking for NVR software that supports megapixel cameras for better quality.

Our POS system outputs activity from the point-of-sale through a Windows service. The service outputs activity to a serial port, or over UDP ports through the network. With this service, an intercepting piece of hardware between the point-of-sale and the printer is not necessary

Is it feasible for ZoneMinder to support TCP/IP- and/or RS232-based text overlay?
marcodefreitas

Re: POS text overlay

Post by marcodefreitas »

Do you have a screenshot of this?
qkumbr

Post by qkumbr »

Here's an example of the point-of-sale text overlay I'd like ZoneMinder to be able to do:
Attachments
overlay.jpg
overlay.jpg (133.67 KiB) Viewed 12939 times
asker

Post by asker »

there is a feature today that allows you to add a "text overlay" using zmtrigger. The concept is you use zmtrigger to trigger an event when a POS happens and pass an option to add a custom text overlay. The problem however is that the overlay is only restricted to the timestamp bar at the top - but you can start there.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23654 for more info
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

our code is supposed to handle \n's so multi-line should work.

I've been meaning to overhaul the label code anyways. I think it is inefficient and hey wouldn't anti-aliasing and variable size fonts be nice?!
brentloren

Post by brentloren »

Hi, is the problem solved yet?

:D