"nocord" option

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
beerygaz

"nocord" option

Post by beerygaz »

I record a camera 24/7 in case I need to review footage, but want to include zmtrigger events in the recording for specific events to make them easy to spot. mocord does this for motion, but there's no similar option for remote triggering. It seems like something that would be quite simple to add - would it be possible?

Gaz
mastertheknife

Re: "nocord" option

Post by mastertheknife »

I think instead of adding a nocord mode, it might be better to modify the existing Nodect mode and zmtrigger.pl, to allow controlling recording. e.g.
camera comes online and calls zmtrigger.pl to start recording.
camera detects motion and calls zmtrigger.pl and triggers an alarm.

Perhaps in the future ill continue working on adding dbus to ZM, this should make controlling monitors much easier.

mastertheknife.
Kfir Itzhak.
beerygaz

Post by beerygaz »

mastertheknife I see what you're driving at but I don't use zmtrigger.pl with in-camera motion detection. My scanario is this:

Camera runs in modect mode and creates some alarms based on motion. But when my burglar alarm goes off, I send a TCP request (from another server) to zmtrigger.pl telling all cameras to record for a few minutes, regardless of whether they see motion or not. However, my cameras need to be in nodect mode for this to work, which means I give up ZM motion detection.

Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Gavin
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Yes,
Modect or Mocord should be able to do what you are requesting.
All modes respond to triggers, not just Nodect.
mastertheknife
Kfir Itzhak.