Motion Capture - frames to check as well as frames to record

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
lyallp

Motion Capture - frames to check as well as frames to record

Post by lyallp »

When examining frames for motion capture, the Buffers->Post Event Image Count is used to control how many more frames to look at for additional motion.

The problem with this is that after an event is recorded, that number of frames is recorded after the last motion frame.

What I would like to see is 2 parameters, one controls how many frames to look for more motion and one controls how many post event images are recorded.

This way, I can have 50 frames of 'motion detect' but only 5 frames after the last motion detect. The reason for longer motion detect period is that I have people standing still and moving again and I want to maintain a single event, not multiple events. I set the 50 frame Post Event Image Count to cause the single event recording, just as desired, but ended up with 50 post movement frames, of which I am only really interested in 5 or so.

So, I would like to see

Buffers-> Motion Look-ahead Image Count
Buffers-> Post Event Image Count

:-)
...Lyall
nightcrawler

Re: Motion Capture - frames to check as well as frames to re

Post by nightcrawler »

I'm sharing lyallp idea for this! I've got an simulair "issue" with people and cars that standstill for short periods (a 30 sec, minute or so).

So an extra buffer feature should be very nice!
Zoneminder @Ubuntu 11 server, ZM 1.25.0 , FFMPEG, 4 Analoge cameras, 1.6ghz P4mobile, 2GB ram, 60GB-HDD.
I also have an (homeseer) domotica system up-and-running with touchscreens,light controllers,weather forecast etc.