audio recording support

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
scooter35

audio recording support

Post by scooter35 »

I would like to be able to record audio from my foscam when an event is triggered, and then stop recording at the end of the event.
gmar_87

Re: audio recording support

Post by gmar_87 »

+1
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

++1.

This feature has been discussed/requested before, but the response(s) seem to indicate that it's somehow not a simple task. It HAS to be doable; BlueCherry sells a program that's Linux based that works with their hardware-compression card and it supports audio.
RootAdmin

Post by RootAdmin »

+1
It may be possible to begin to play the events stored in the folder file (s) of sound. And to carry out an external recording the script,passing it as parameter the source address and the path to the event.
dcabot

Post by dcabot »

+1
Azelphur

Post by Azelphur »

+1, my camera outputs audio on the RTSP stream, it should be easy to capture (VLC handles it no problem)
grantusmaximus

Post by grantusmaximus »

+1
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

my 2p.
Being from the UK recording audio is fraught with danger. While thats no reason not to do it in a domestic environment its not best to do in any other environment.

Problem is time for phil. We have added many features to zm over the years with some funding support from ourselves. This is continuing but I personally have no need for audio recording.

I believe the next version of zm is a huge rewrite and will be a big version jump. But its still early days in its development cycle.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
dcabot

Post by dcabot »

audio support +1
Moleij

Post by Moleij »

Audio support would be great :)

I donated a small amount now, will donate again if ZM record sound - see it as a carrot ;)

I just installed ZM for the first time to a small portable system, actually running off a USB stick based on Mageia2 liveCD, and handle one USB camera.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Who did you donate to? On here? That goes to the original developer, who is no longer active. Doesn't go to anyone actually working on the code.

For donations, please contact the developers at github, or use bountysource.com
shinji2009

Post by shinji2009 »

also +1, both hands
junior

Post by junior »

That would be a very nice feature!!
Nerre

Post by Nerre »

I guess the major problem with audio recording is that ZM in its current state does not record video streams. While ZM may read video streams, it still analyzes and records them as JPEG images. This means it will be very hard to synchronize any recorded audio with the playback of those stills.

If/when ZM is rewritten to record video, recording audio will most likely come "at the same price".
shinji2009

Post by shinji2009 »

it will be ok if zm record video separetely in separete file with same name as videofile, because nowdays most videoplayers able to automatically attach audio to video during playback. and file length could be +-1s sync is not so important