New panorama ZM feature.

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
johnnytolengo

New panorama ZM feature.

Post by johnnytolengo »

Hi all, I am looking for a panorama feature, I mean two or more IP camera units and one video recording, two in one.

Is it possible to do that with ZM? How?

Thanks.

J.
cordel

Post by cordel »

It's not possible, and I imagine that it would use considerable CPU cycles to implement such a feature.
Though there are pin lens type cams that do give you 360 degree image though it would still need to be programed into ZM to handle it with a similar expense of cycles.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

at low frameartes you could probably use a cl image app to join the garbs. But the framerate would br poor.

Probably better to impliment it in a custom playback client.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
johnnytolengo

Post by johnnytolengo »

Maybe better just buy a complete solution 360 camera

http://www.arecontvision.com/index.php? ... duct_id=25
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

you might wana look at making a small script with gd or image magic but again use low fps.
Briago

Post by Briago »

I'm not sure if you are only considering video, but I saw an example of a contruction site using controlled video cameras to take a series of images (panning), then takes the photographs and stiches them togeather into one panoramic. Then it does this regularly, so you go into a viewer and choose a time, and can zoom in and look all around at that time.

I don't know if there is a name for this feature, but maybe it is something you'd be interested in. I don't have a solution to make it happen either, but maybe someone else here knows about it.