Better RTSP support on x86_64

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
ejcv

Better RTSP support on x86_64

Post by ejcv »

It seems there are some problems in using RTP/RSTP protocol on x86_64.
On a 32bit machine i have no problem with my ABUS IPcam running RTP/RSTP protocol but when running on 64bit machine it is not possible to get a video stream.
In my log there are messages saying (Discarding packet for unrecognised ssrc) the video stream starts ok but after a few hundred frames i get this message.
Looking in the forum messages i see that there are more messages about the same problem it seems to have todo something with INT values somehowe incompattible between 64bit and 32bit systems.
On my 64bit system i got it working with the openRTSP => FFmpeg workaround.

I would like to ask if it can be solved in the next version or if there will be a patch for the version 1.24.2 witch i am using at the moment.

system is :
ASROCK INTEL ATOM 330 Mini ITX
2Gb DDR2 memory
CENTOS 5.4 x86_64

Thanks in advance.
ED
BlankMan

Post by BlankMan »

I'm getting the same problem 'Discarding packet for unrecognised ssrc' with a D-Link DCS-3410 and a TRENnet TV-512P on a 64bit system. And can pull the RTSP streams when set to Ffmpeg, so maybe I do have it config'd right and ZoneMinder just don't work.
wasperen

zm or camera issue?

Post by wasperen »

Hi,

Is this a ZM or camera issue, though? I had this issue on 64 bit reading a stream from a Vivotek IP7132. Then I read this post: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=54080 and am going to return the camera and swap it for an axis M1031W. Is that a mistake?
ejcv

Post by ejcv »

i don't know if this is a ZM problem or maybe a 64 bit problem
on my 32 bit machine it looks like its working ok.
wasperen

Post by wasperen »

Too bad... Just got my new Axis camera... same thing. So it seems not to be the camera but a fault in 64 bits ZM after all...
dbosso

Post by dbosso »

ejcv

Post by ejcv »

thanks for the code i will try later and let you know how it works.
ejcv

Post by ejcv »

It works with the patch no more problems.