Dated changelog?

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
MJN

Dated changelog?

Post by MJN »

Not so much a request for ZM itself, but rather the changelog in the wiki...

I was wondering if you could date the versions (starting from now on if need be) just to give an idea of when particular versions came out? Often if I'm using a less-than-latest version of a piece of software it can be useful to see if my version is 6 months or 6 years 'out of date'. It can also serve as a loose indication as to how mature a project is.

I know there's a danger that people can extrapolate an expected next-release date but they must appreciate the release rhythm isn't necessarily regular (the wiki page could even state that if need be).

Mathew
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

That is probably a good idea and I will do it from now on and retrospectively when I get time. For now though you can look at the release dates in the News page or on the Downloads page release table.
Phil
MJN

Post by MJN »

Thanks Phil. In fact, the News/Downloads pages have exactly what I was after so maybe I ought to sign up to the Wiki and contribute this myself! Perhaps if you wanted to start it off in your preferred format/style I'd be happy to follow suit.

Mathew
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Ok, I will do the latest release and it would be great if you could do the others. As a member of the forum you are automatically signed up to the wiki anyway, just use the same username and password if you aren't auto logged in.
Phil
MJN

Post by MJN »

All done! :D

I must say Phil, you mustn't have slept the first few months of 2004!

Cheers,

Mathew