Bounty Offer (Audio)

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

This bounty is up to $550 if done this month! That is a months pay in this "New Economy" these days! :wink:
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

I am sorry, but I have to withdraw our bounty. In the time that has passed, a closed source solution presented itself. I hate it, but the customers do not. So a business decision was made, and that is our preferred solution right now.

Personally, I will still be involved with ZM, and will pitch it back in as soon as I can. But my company is no longer actively promoting development.
mitch

Post by mitch »

Thanks for putting the offer and work out there, while no one was able to take it up this time it still was greatly appreciated!
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

For anyone that searches for this, I did not "Give Up." I just withdrew the cash when it was withdrawn from me. :) I am still watching. Not as often as I used to, but still watching.
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

Lee Sharp wrote:For anyone that searches for this, I did not "Give Up." I just withdrew the cash when it was withdrawn from me. :) I am still watching. Not as often as I used to, but still watching.
I'm curious--what solution are you using? I'd really like to have audio recording with my setup, but would settle for being able to bring up the server remotely and simply listen in. I have a Kodicom 4400 card and would like to find a solution that would employ the unused audio inputs on the four encoder chips...
jeromio

Post by jeromio »

What about a Rube Goldberg kind of solution that turns an audio trace into a stream - a series of JPEGs. Then it would be just another camera - you could define a zone that would correspond to the level of audio that you'd like to alert on.