Audio support

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
Normando

Audio support

Post by Normando »

Day to day there are more and more cameras with audio capture.

I think it is a feature request to store and play adio from cameras through RTSP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_ ... g_Protocol
like Vivotek cameras (live demos):
http://www.midisec.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=55
cordel

Post by cordel »

If you search this topic you will already see there have already been requests.
coke

Post by coke »

It wouldn't exactly be synced to ZM, but I'm sure you could setup VLC daemons on your machine to pull down and save the audio from the RTSP stream if you needed them for something later. You'd have to open them separately, but how often will you be watching recorded video in ZM and need to know what's being said?

It wouldn't be rocket science to setup a script to time-date-camera stamp the audio files and save them somewhere logical, even throw an entry into a mysql table mentioning it. If you want it, I'd try that route.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

I get requests for it all the time. I could handle just one audio input synced to one camera... But this is a bit down on the list of features. :)
W.

Post by W. »

One should consider legal consequences of audio capture as well. Here it is illegal to record conversation without written consent from person/s being recorded unless it is police doing that with court permission :)
if common sense is so uncommon, why is it called common then?
coke

Post by coke »

Just a thought; Depending on the quality of the audio (not high on my Axis 207's, but I don't use it), it might also be useful for AudioDetect in areas where MotionDetect doesn't work well.

Not requesting, just thinking out-loud.
Normando

Post by Normando »

Hi coke

Thank for your reply and sorry for my delay

I think when ZM developer release 1.24v (support for MPEG4) there be more easy to add audio support through RTSP protocol.

Meanwhile I will try to implement your suggestion

Thank you