OMG Snow!!

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
LisaNels

OMG Snow!!

Post by LisaNels » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:46 pm

I've not found a way to keep snowfall from triggering lots of images... it will fill any size storage device I might use.

In the filters if I could run a filter that checks for XXX events in the last TIMEFRAME delete them.

Or maybe I should look into a plugin?

simicartan

Re: OMG Snow!!

Post by simicartan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:11 am

i think a plugin is way better

lbdroid

Re: OMG Snow!!

Post by lbdroid » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Does it really matter if it fills your disk? Just make sure that you keep the purge-when-full filter set to a level where in the time between runs, it won't overflow the disk. Also, storing your event video using h264 will ensure that you can record a LOT of data. For instance, my cameras record 2 GB/hour for 1080p and 4 GB/hour for 4k. Between those 2 (my other cameras are somewhat sheltered and don't record for the duration of snowstorms), that runs me at 6 GB/hour. My 8 TB disk will therefore record over 1300 hours (close to 2 months). Now the reality is that snowstorms don't last for 2 months on end. Really, that's nearly the full duration of WINTER.