Customize your own ZMliveCD

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i have tried that but after i create the live cd it wont boot.
I am back on the pclinuxos one now and trying to solve dependancies
Will let you know how i get on once i find all the rpm's i need

James
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

ok then
I cant find em all i seem to be going round in circles.
Can i get what i need from the live cd as pclinuxos is built on mandrake or do you have all the dependancies somewhere??

James
Or anyone for that matter
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

DOnt worry now i have a working zm on pclinuxos
how stable it will be is anyones guess lol
My first success at doing it the hardway
I cheated mind i used rpms

Now i still cant control my blc10's but i must be missing something obvious
Stay tuned to find out how the live cd goes when i get the system slimmed down to fit on one cd

Ross You know the dependancy list you did for the real slimmed down version i suppose thats still valid for this is it?

And also the dependancy list in the 1.21.x forum is that a complete list of what zm needs or is there a complete list of what zm needs?

James
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

pclinuxos forked from mandrake at version 10.0 I believe. Not all packages that are availible for mandrake are availible for pclinuxos. I think Texstar is using apt for rpm to manage packages on pclinuxos, but I am not really familiar with it.

Mandrake/Mandrive uses urpmi (CLI) and rpmdrake (GUI) to manage dependancies. So for example you could run:
[root]# urpmi kernel...rpm (from the directory where you put the RPM)
And urpmi will resolve all the dependancies, tell you what packages need to be installed, how much space they need, download any that are needed from ftp, and install them, all automagically :)
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

well the good news without knowing that i have downloaded all that i needed and now have a 90% working zm box
Problems only so far (that i have found) are ffmpeg and ptz control

performance seems amazing (processing 3 cams at 4 fps each at a load of 0.01 on 2800+ 512

But i might have something major wrong so early days yet.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Thanks for all your help ross took me 3 days but i now have a fully working - ffmpeg im gonna fix that now live cd on a 2.6.11 kernel. iso size is 500mb and could be slimmed loads but im not sure what im removing so im not gonna this time.

You were right on with your info on moving the mount point, i just duid it slightly differently

Used webmin to create partirions and raid
used your info to do everything else
had to init 1 though as var was in use and had to unmount it

But yeah all is good at the mo
cheers

James
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

OK then it appears i have a stable live cd based on pclinux kernel 2.6.11
Everything functions except ffmpeg streaming. ffmpeg creates mpegs fine.

Thanks Ross for all your help on this especially the raid thing.

James
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Hi Ross
Back on the create of live cd's again. BUt i cant get the new one to create.
If i run the mklivecd command it starts creates certain images etc then stops at setting file system parameters

Am i missing something?

Cheers
James
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
gola10

Remastering

Post by gola10 »

About Remastering livecd, you could look at http://www.puppylinux.org/user/viewpage.php?page_id=1.

Puppy linux run from CD or DVD and if Multisession is used, you can record the changes you make directly to the CD or DVD. Once the CD or DVD is full, you run a Remastering Script to make a new Livecd or Livedvd that has integrated all the information saved as Multisession on the old livecd or livedvd freeing space for more sessions on the new CD or DVD.
This Remastering is almost automatic and ideal for a newbie like me.

I simply thougth this information could be usefull.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i have looked at puppy and dsl but they are missing so much that you need for zm, and i prefer updating via rpm.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

jameswilson wrote:i have looked at puppy and dsl but they are missing so much that you need for zm, and i prefer updating via rpm.
Ok, i undestand that Puppy Linux is not appropiate to install Zoneminder but what about incorporating on the Livecd the logic they use to record the Livecd on a Multisession CD and then record on it changes you make to the Livecd. When the cd is full, you can remaster it .
This could let you configure zoneminder to your needs on the livecd without the need to install it on hardisk.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

christ, yeah that would take like weeks to sort!! good luck
James Wilson

rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Just a quick note here. A mdv2007.0 based CD is very close. It will be absurdly easy to customize / remaster. Like boot, make changes, create a new iso, no installation required. Look for a .torrent this week. :)
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

All hail Ross
All hail Ross

lol
James Wilson

agilseguranca

Build a Ubuntu LiveCD

Post by agilseguranca »

For those who wants to build a Ubuntu LiveCD with ZM, just install Reconstructor. It can do any config into the LiveCD.
At his terminal, follow the walkthrough made by R2D2 in this post. Just take care with the version number.
STOP ANY SERVICE THAT CAN BE USED IN THE PROCESS LIKE MYSQL OR APACHE.
The Reconstructor modifies the LiveCD but it uses the real port to do the installation. (I don't know why)
It is very easy to use. I did a sample with some tools that my company uses day-after-day.
Any question just ask me.
Sorry any english error.