Unable to complete installation of upgrade on Debian 10 system ZM 1.35

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
KTownKnerd

Unable to complete installation of upgrade on Debian 10 system ZM 1.35

Post by KTownKnerd »

I am having some challenges and not sure what the issue might be. The last successful upgrade I had was 1.35.6~20200824.27-buster, after upgrading to 1.35.6~20200905.225-buster and beyond I am seeing the following error:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Setting up zoneminder (1.35.10~20201019.58-buster) ...
detected systemd
Detected db service is mariadb.service
Checking for db
Db exists.
Updating permissions

Database already at version 1.35.10, update skipped.

Freshening configuration in database
Migratings passwords, if any...
Loading config from DB 217 entries
Saving config to DB 217 entries
Done Updating
Job for zoneminder.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status zoneminder.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Job for zoneminder.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
invoke-rc.d: initscript zoneminder, action "start" failed.
● zoneminder.service - ZoneMinder CCTV recording and surveillance system
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/zoneminder.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-10-30 21:51:09 EDT; 19ms ago
Process: 10618 ExecStart=/usr/bin/zmpkg.pl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
dpkg: error processing package zoneminder (--configure):
installed zoneminder package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
zoneminder
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Output of systemctl status zoneminder.service:
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/zoneminder.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-10-30 21:56:16 EDT; 7s ago
Process: 11156 ExecStart=/usr/bin/zmpkg.pl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

journalctl -xe output
-- Subject: Unit succeeded
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
--
-- The unit session-c99256.scope has successfully entered the 'dead' state.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr su[11261]: (to www-data) root on none
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr su[11261]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user www-data by (uid=0)
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: Started Session c99257 of user www-data.
-- Subject: A start job for unit session-c99257.scope has finished successfully
--
-- A start job for unit session-c99257.scope has finished successfully.
--
-- The job identifier is 7559505.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr su[11261]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user www-data
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: session-c99257.scope: Succeeded.
--
-- The unit session-c99257.scope has successfully entered the 'dead' state.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: zoneminder.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
-- Subject: Unit process exited
--
-- An ExecStart= process belonging to unit zoneminder.service has exited.
--
-- The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 1.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: zoneminder.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
-- Subject: Unit failed
--
-- The unit zoneminder.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: Failed to start ZoneMinder CCTV recording and surveillance system.
-- Subject: A start job for unit zoneminder.service has failed
--
-- A start job for unit zoneminder.service has finished with a failure.
--
-- The job identifier is 7559405 and the job result is failed.
Zoneminder is running and capturing as I can navigate to the website and view my recordings. I am just unable to complete the upgrade.

Thank you
Magic919

Re: Unable to complete installation of upgrade on Debian 10 system ZM 1.35

Post by Magic919 »

I think this is largely an apt question rather than a ZM-specific one. I had a similar problem with LVM2 not completing the install and I ran an 'apt remove' , followed by the install and it worked. Might be worth considering.
-
benjalien

Post by benjalien »

Hi,
I'm trying to get ZoneMinder 1.35 on my debian 10 (to get the animated notifications), cold you solve your issue?
Thanks!
septry

Post by septry »

KTownKnerd wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:08 am I am having some challenges and not sure what the issue might be. The last successful upgrade I had was 1.35.6~20200824.27-buster, after upgrading to 1.35.6~20200905.225-buster and beyond I am seeing the following error:

1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Setting up zoneminder (1.35.10~20201019.58-buster) ...
detected systemd
Detected db service is mariadb.service
Checking for db
Db exists.
Updating permissions

Database already at version 1.35.10, update skipped.

Freshening configuration in database
Migratings passwords, if any...
Loading config from DB 217 entries
Saving config to DB 217 entries
Done Updating
See "systemctl status zoneminder.service" gbwhatsapp gbwhatsapp apk and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-10-30 21:51:09 EDT; 19ms ago
Process: 10618 ExecStart=/usr/bin/zmpkg.pl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
dpkg: error processing package zoneminder (--configure):
installed zoneminder package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
zoneminder
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Output of systemctl status zoneminder.service:
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-10-30 21:56:16 EDT; 7s ago
Process: 11156 ExecStart=/usr/bin/zmpkg.pl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

journalctl -xe output
--
-- The unit session-c99256.scope has successfully entered the 'dead' state.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr su[11261]: (to www-data) root on none
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr su[11261]: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for user www-data by (uid=0)
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: Started Session c99257 of user www-data.
-- Subject: A start job for unit session-c99257.scope has finished successfully
--
-- A start job for unit session-c99257.scope has finished successfully.
--
-- The job identifier is 7559505.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr su[11261]: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for user www-data
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: session-c99257.scope: Succeeded.
--
-- The unit session-c99257.scope has successfully entered the 'dead' state.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: zoneminder.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
-- Subject: Unit process exited
--
-- An ExecStart= process belonging to unit zoneminder.service has exited.
--
-- The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 1.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: zoneminder.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
-- Subject: Unit failed
--
-- The unit zoneminder.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 30 21:57:22 dvr systemd[1]: Failed to start ZoneMinder CCTV recording and surveillance system.
-- Subject: A start job for unit zoneminder.service has failed
--
-- A start job for unit zoneminder.service has finished with a failure.
--
-- The job identifier is 7559405 and the job result is failed.
Zoneminder is running and capturing as I can navigate to the website and view my recordings. I am just unable to complete the upgrade.

Thank you
even i'm Unable to complete installation of upgrade on Debian 10 system but the google and other guides helped be the best
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

See "systemctl status zoneminder.service" gbwhatsapp gbwhatsapp apk and "journalctl -xe" for details.
And what did you see when you checked this?