Zoneminder best practices

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
EdG973

Zoneminder best practices

Post by EdG973 »

Hello,

I am new with Zomeminder, I apologize if my question has already been posted before.
I plan to install a ZoneMinder server on centos 7.
I imagine to use 2 network interfaces :
- eth0 to access to the admin ZM web interface and video clients, (users subnet, can go to internet)
- eth1, a subnet only for ip cameras and switchs (cannot go to internet)

Is that possible ? Will the videos be streamed to video clients if they are not on cameras subnet ?

Is there a way to restrict access to ZM web interface by ip ?
Is it through web server configuration ?

Best Regards
EdG973

Re: Zoneminder best practices

Post by EdG973 »

Hello,

Nobody can help ?

What I would like to know is it possible to stream camera video via the network interface not part of camera network ?
My server has 2 networks interfaces, one connected to the cameras network, one connected to the local LAN users.

Can the videos be displayed on the local LAN ? Does the RTP/RSTP stream be available through ZM server for local LAN ?
snake

Re: Zoneminder best practices

Post by snake »

EdG973 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:45 pm 1.
I plan to install a ZoneMinder server on centos 7.
I imagine to use 2 network interfaces :
- eth0 to access to the admin ZM web interface and video clients, (users subnet, can go to internet)
- eth1, a subnet only for ip cameras and switchs (cannot go to internet)

Is that possible ? Will the videos be streamed to video clients if they are not on cameras subnet ?
If you are asking basic questions, you might find it easier to use Ubuntu or Debian and follow the installation guides on the wiki. These are more beginner friendly for ZM. Though Centos is supported. Yes, you will be able to use two network interfaces. The computer will "route" across the two interfaces. Or "forward" packets across them.
EdG973 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:45 pm access to ZM web interface by ip ?
Is it through web server configuration ?
There' is more than one way to do this. You can use iptables, Apache, or any other software you want. Remember, ZM has built in authentication you can use. It should suffice on the LAN. However, on the WAN, allowing only certain IPs is a good idea.