P2P Streaming questions about Zoneminder

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
thehellmaker

P2P Streaming questions about Zoneminder

Post by thehellmaker »

Hi All,
I have a few questions on zoneminder that I need clarification on.

Majority of Wifi IP baby monitor cameras in the market like sricam, yoseee come with existing apps which do the following
a. Configure Wifi Using the App.
ZmNinja doesn't seem to have this functionality. I am assuming configure wifi functionality is something zmninja doesn't support?
b. Discover IP address of the camera once configured.
Most cameras are DHCP enabled hence the Apps that come with it also have discover functionality. However zoneminder monitors need the ip address of the device. How does it work in a dynamic network where ip addresses are changing ?
c. Stream over the internet.
Most camera apps do have cloud functionality to enable streaming over the internet without port forwarding by using STUN and TURN servers. Does zoneminder support P2P streaming?
rockedge

Re: P2P Streaming questions about Zoneminder

Post by rockedge »

zmNinja is an app that acts as an interface for zoneminder. The usual way I set up these types of cameras is to connect to a router with a wired connection then using a browser login to the camera and set up the WiFi and supply the authorization to successfully connect to the router via WiFi. Then identify the url to use to see the camera stream on the Local area network. I may test the camera URL in VLC or just attempt to configure the camera in zoneminder. These cameras are network cameras and one should be able to get them work as such.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I also am hoping for a p2p addition to zoneminder.

I just had to jump through a ton of hoops to capture a v380 bulb camera video stream and pipe it through ffmpeg to ffserver so I can use an rtsp url to view it with zoneminder. It would be great if zoneminder had a v380 option where you could just list the ip and it would do it for you.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The v380 does rtsp.... just point ZM at it..
bkjaya1952

Post by bkjaya1952 »