Lubuntu pre-config installation help

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
V1k1

Lubuntu pre-config installation help

Post by V1k1 »

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Lubuntu_16. ... _CD_or_USB

I have followed the instructions exactly as they are stated. I've ran the live bootable usb and am on the desktop.

I follow the commands in the terminal but nothing happens. I try running the install config file, but nothing happens.

Can anyone help how to use this pre configured way of installation? Would be great!
bbunge

Re: Lubuntu pre-config installation help

Post by bbunge »

There is an installer icon located on the Lubuntu desktop. Double click that to install the system to your hard drive. If you are having problems running the installer from a USB drive, make a DVD. Only run the install from a terminal if the install fails from the icon.
saara

Post by saara »

I know you are upgrading but is it a working install? If it wasn't I would be point you at Apache config as next step to check out. The standard 1.28.1 debian package had an example config and details in the readme to configure it.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

saara wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:36 pm I know you are upgrading but is it a working install? If it wasn't I would be point you at Apache config as next step to check out. The standard 1.28.1 debian package had an example config and details in the readme to configure it.
Nothing mentionrd by the OP about upgrade. Problem was with understanding the install instructions. Sometimes what I think is simple not everyone can figure out. Then again the translator does not get things right or American English is not good enoigh.