ZoneMinder on FreeNAS?

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
joeinbend

ZoneMinder on FreeNAS?

Post by joeinbend »

Hi guys,
I use FreeNAS for my RAID-5 storage in my home lab, and have been a long-time user of ZoneMinder as well, on a separate piece of hardware. Last year I bought a stand-alone DVR (only because the price plus cameras was less than what I would have expected to pay JUST for cameras, so give it a shot right?). The DVR is sub-par compared to ZoneMinder, so I'd like to go back. I have a good 120fps card, and I'd really like to install ZoneMinder on FreeNAS.

It seems do-able, since FreeNAS is FreeBSD, and I have seen ports to FreeBSD in the past (although they seem to be dead threads now, and the download link to the last port is broken). In the linux world, I'm a Debian guy, but I have to use FreeNAS due to availability of iSCSI clustering features not available on any other linux NAS solution.

Can the current ZoneMinder 1.25 run on FreeBSD, more specifically FreeNAS, and has anyone done it and/or written a guide?
chow

Re: ZoneMinder on FreeNAS?

Post by chow »

I haven't tried it yet, but this looks to be a relatively recent port for FreeNAS: https://github.com/abishai/Zoneminder-port