[SOLVED]Can you tell me how to fix the ZM Debian package?

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
st2000

[SOLVED]Can you tell me how to fix the ZM Debian package?

Post by st2000 »

Hi...

I get these errors installing ZM onto a debian box:

Code: Select all

Setting up zoneminder (1.24.2-2.1) ...
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 6) of script `ntp' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (1) of script `nvidia-kernel' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (2 3 4 5) of script `vlc' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 6) of script `vlc' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 6) of script `nvidia-glx' overwrites defaults (empty).
Starting ZoneMinder: DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Unknown database 'zm' at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 89
Can't call method "prepare_cached" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 45.
failure

invoke-rc.d: initscript zoneminder, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing zoneminder (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255
Errors were encountered while processing:
 zoneminder
Does anyone know how to fix creating a ZM data base?

What about the PERL script errors?

I'm a bit new at this, but if I can fix this, I'll look into submitting it so other Debian users can use the Debian ZoneMnider package.

-thanks
Last edited by st2000 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
st2000

Re: Can you tell me how to fix the ZM Debian package?

Post by st2000 »

st2000 wrote:Hi...

I get these errors installing ZM onto a debian box:
>>>snip<<<

Does anyone know how to fix creating a ZM data base?

What about the PERL script errors?

I'm a bit new at this, but if I can fix this, I'll look into submitting it so other Debian users can use the Debian ZoneMnider package.

-thanks
Wow, I don't know if everyone is stumped, nobody is here or Debian is not the way to go when setting up a zoneminder box...

But, with the help of the packager and others else where I've got ZM installed on the box which gave the above problems.

In short, there were *zoneminder* files left lying around which, I assume, gave the Debian package installer problems. Most were broken links with the following name: "/etc/rc?.d/*zoneminder.conf" Note the use of UNIX wild card characters as this represents about half a dozen different files. Other files I removed which might have been the problem:
/etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf
/var/lib/update-rc.d/zoneminder
/var/cache/apt/archives/zoneminder_1.24.2-2.1_i386.deb

If you have similar problems and the above is not enough detail post as I'll try to monitor this thread.

-thanks