LiveCD Install Help?

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
sirugh

LiveCD Install Help?

Post by sirugh »

Hello everyone! As a project for school, I need to install ZoneMinder on a PC. It doesn't matter how I get it on, I just need it working. I decided to download the LiveCD and go from there. I do have the LiveCD on a disc, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I have the one on the download page, I think it is 1.22.2.1 off the download page: http://www.zoneminder.com/downloads.html

I'm not real sure where to go from here. I've been searching on google and I haven't found anything helpful. If this is a common question, please don't post some snide remark, simply point me in the right direction and I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

edit: I do have a couple ways I could go about installing, but I don't know where to start in any of them:
1) Install ZM to the PC as the OS? (not sure if I can do that)
2) Install ZM to a Virtual Machine
3) Install ZM in an OS such as Ubuntu

What is the easiest?
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

that live cd is out of date usehttp://www.isentrix.com/pub/zoneminder/ ... x/ZMLarch/
instead

anyways a live cd is an os but it is almost entirely setup for you.

its easier by far just pop in the cd and install
sirugh

Post by sirugh »

Wow, thanks!
sirugh

Post by sirugh »

Alright I got everything installed from the LiveCD.

Now I have an issue with getting the camera to work w/ zm.

The camera is an Axis 207 network camera set to 192.168.1.20

I opened ZM Console and Added a new monitor, set it to remote with the above IP, but when I try and view the camera, nothing shows up, just a black screen showing State:Idle -0.00 fps.

What do I need to do to set up a network camera properly? Thanks!
bb99

Post by bb99 »

From the documentation under wiki title:

Remote Host/Port/Path
"Use these fields to enter the full URL of the camera. Basically if your camera is at http://camserver.home.net:8192/cameras/camera1.jpg then these fields will be camserver.home.net, 8192 and /cameras/camera1.jpg respectively. Leave the port at 80 if there is no special port required. If you require authentication to access your camera then add this onto the host name in the form <username>:<password>@<hostname>.com. This will usually be 24 bit color even if the image looks black and white. Look in Supported Hardware > Network Cameras section, how to obtain these strings that may apply to your camera. "

If your going to use authentication, the path should look like this:

<username>:<password>@192.168.1.20:<port>

or from the supported hardware section for an Axis 207W:

<User>:<Password>@<IP> axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=&resolution=320×240

The 207 is covered extensively in the forums; most of your answers will be there. Try searching for Axis 207...
sirugh

Post by sirugh »

Thank you for your help!
sirugh

Post by sirugh »

Next step in this project is to set up the ability to stream video to an iSCSI over the network. Does ZM provide this capability?

Also, how do I set up ZM to save video instead of these individual frame jpeg files?