Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
martymoose

Post by martymoose »

have you had the fleabay pico card working
i have tried everything still no go
its the dreaded card=77 one
I donated have YOU?
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I've helped people get capture cards working once they have a system up and running, but to be honest my target is IP based camera's using my mesh network system. I've now simplifed the process of building a mesh network using the proven OLSRD network. Grab any openwrt capable router and you will have a massive network in a matter of minutes. You can either use Lan camera's, Wireless Camera's, or my favorite mjpg_streamer usb capable camera's running on the routers usb port.
martymoose

Post by martymoose »

mate i got it
and for anybody else down load and install the v4l tree
and set v4l option 1 in zoneminder and up it came
cheers this looks really good
I donated have YOU?
martymoose

Post by martymoose »

newvisionantenna wrote:or my favorite mjpg_streamer usb capable camera's
what cams are those i have a couple of wrt54 running ddwrt at a motel for wireless
wireless here has got to the stage where you carnt charge anymore
I donated have YOU?
newvisionantenna

I figured the current state of the economy back there is gong to hamper some of the wireless hotspots. That's awesome you are running a hotspot though, not trying to sell you on anything but would love to see you over at our forum also.

Over at Chuck's site you will find my dd-wrt firmware that can run older camera's using the asus 520gu if desired. It's no where near the power of openwrt and the work i'm doing now but atleast it's something.

Here is my post over there with the firmware link,

http://www.oregonmicroscience.com/hotsp ... php?t=1357

To use mjpg_streamer you need the 2.6 capable routers that have usb. The problem is that is few and far between. I've got the WL-500W up and running by changing out the mini pci card inside with an atheros. I've got this router at home waiting for me to get back,

Planex (PCI) MZK-W04NU

This thing is selling like crazy and one of the few that have usb and full support for wireless using the 2.6 kernel of openwrt. It has 8mb flash which is doulbe what the Linksys has. I've got a firmware prebuilt for it that will allow pro-mesh usage, wireless mesh support, UVC camera suppot, openvpn, and more.

As far as supported mjpg_streamer cams, i've tested the Orbit AF and Logitech 9000. I included the mjpg_streamer control module in my DVD and submitted it to Phil to inlcude in Zoneminder. You can see how this approach is way cheaper then most IP based cameras. I had about 160 wrapped up in my WL-500W and Orbit AF, that's including the Atheros card I bought. Take all that and the fact it runs perfect with Zoneminder and you've got a very powerful combo. Not to mention you could plug multiple usb cameras into the router to cover several angles and even have PTZ support with the Orbit. This will enable any small time hotel to have a decent, cheap security system without running cable's.

For anyone needing a key for activation get with me first before donating. The amount has been reduced by half but not updated on the site yet. It will stay at that until we roll out the new install that will have so much more it will blow your mind. Get in now and you'll any new release for free.

Thanks
Last edited by newvisionantenna on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newvisionantenna

Uploading a new DVD for people that want the latest 9.04 Kubuntu.

The filename will have 9.04 in it, so if you want that instead of 8.04 don't bother using the link on the first page.

Includes the following and more,

Latest Linux Kernel 2.6.28
Zoneminder SVN built with mapped memory and verified working
FFMPEG SVN, support for mpeg streaming
Mjpg_streamer SVN
Zmviewer SVN
Freepbx
Admin Panel with Heartbeat monitor, wireless mesh builder addon
KDE 4.2 Desktop
Cloud Computing supported in 9.04, currently not added
EXT4 support
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

This is good news!

I'm curious to try it!

Keep working on it! I guess this could be the best solution for most of users, because it offers a solution out of the box, very complete and functional!
newvisionantenna

punk_ecas,

Thanks for the comments. I think I helped you setup camera's on your server. I hoped to have this new one out over the weekend so you could try it, but I thought I found a bug and I also spent to much time trying to get JZMviewer working. I have Zmviewer running just fine so I'll stick with that for now. I've tested the DVD in Live mode and it now works if people want to run it that way, although I have no idea why you would want to do that. I've also tested mmap memory and really like that now. I setup two 640x480 camera's and didn't have to mess with shared memory at all. It's safe to say by this weekend I should have it out for everyone.

For anyone that get's the DVD and activates it you'll receive the link to test out the working Wireless mesh builder. You'll be able to grab any DD-WRT compatible router and build a network in minutes. The firmware builder is currently a page you'll visit on a remote server but it builds two custom firmwares, one of the AP and the other for multiple Repeaters. Every single camera plugged into the network or connected wireless will all be reachable on a local lan by the Zoneminder server or even remote if desired. I already have people using the mesh networks to cover large area's with security camera's in hard to reach places.
newvisionantenna

Please move this to the DVD section.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Done :)

My test PC is about to come free again for a short bit, not sure what you need to get me a key but just let me know. Would love to play a bit with it.

Cheers
newvisionantenna

lesson learned and work complete :)
newvisionantenna

1.24.x done.
newvisionantenna

Hopefully renaming the title will help people find the Zoneminder DVD. I've had a couple people asking where to find it so hopefully this will help. I've edited this post and the other one I created to both reflect 1.24.x. I'll just continue on using this one when it comes to releases and updates.

Thanks to all that have donated.
henriquejf

Post by henriquejf »

hi newvision !
Here we go,

Bring up putty or a command prompt on your Zoneminder server and enter the following,

sudo wget http://newvisionantenna.com/br549/zm2782update.sh
sudo chmod +x zm2782update.sh
sudo ./zm2782update.sh
i wonder if there is a new script to update 1.24.x dvd against trunk... is there any?

if not ill try to do it "by hand"; i also know you´re working in a new update routine to ease that process, so i dont want to disturb your work;

i can comment that the zm dvd (debian enchillada) really works out of the box, and i recommend it to anyone who wants to get things up and running fast ( i had the system installed/working in no more than 15 minutes on an old rig, with webmin, zm, pma, ssh, asterisk, 3rd party zm viewers... etc...), but i am now interested on testing some behaviors of the newest svn....

Tks for your time, and congratulations for your work and chuck´s at wifigator.com !
-----------------------
Henrique Barbosa
Consultant
Juiz de Fora, MG - Brazil
newvisionantenna

The version on the 1.24.x DVD is from SVN or Trunk. The release that came out yesterday is already up and running here. I'm not seeing any big difference, but I could make another script or even send out an update to bring you up to date. I would hate to roll out something that would break what I have going now. My goal is to have everything work and also tidy up the DVD start panel with the programs being put in the lost/found thing.

Try out NXclient if you have a chance and let me know if it works for you. Don't forget, jZMConsole is on there and the server side is setup properly. It will talk to a windows cleint, but the linux client needs updated.