Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Looks like I timed that just right, was in the middle of rebuilding my DVD with extra features and out of the blue, 1.24.1 is released. I went ahead and wrapped it all up and it's uploading now. The online VPS is updated also. I'm curious as to what's new so I'll be testing it out tomorrow.
theone

VideoMate C200 Capture Stick (usb)

Post by theone »

hi guys, thought i had better give an update on this stick,, tried it with several distro's, it just isnt recognised (the lights on but nobodys home).
as this mobo (atom 1.6GHz) only has 1 pci slot, i need more than 1 pci s-video input,,,, then found this site,, ordered one,,can get the s-video to bnc connectors from Maplins.

http://store.bluecherry.net/Provideo_PV ... na_oem.htm

have seen multi input cards on the net before for £1000's, and these state that they are good for zoneminder. hope this saves somebody some time/money as this seems like a good route to take (if it works o.k.)
have the little atom running just the 1 camera for the present till i get the new card, runs like a dream and so much faster than the old 466GHz machine it was running on before !! :)
will repost with news on the PV-143 when it arrives,,,
theone.
Not a clue i'm afraid !!
Atom D945GCLF2 1.6 GHz x2, 2 gig Corsair 667MHz ram, 250 gig sata
newvisionantenna

I have put up a link for the new 1.24.1 donation DVD. It's being hosted at a temporary location so don't be surprised if the download is slow. This DVD has all the features mentioned in the first post, unlike the last one. Keep in mind it will require a donation and the link will only be on here for a short time. It will then go back to where it's found on the online demo.
newvisionantenna

Alright, it's taking longer then I thought but I've got all the framework together for my new release. Before I go to far into detail look at the following link and you'll notice the camera called NSLU2.

http://67.210.200.98/ follow the directions to log in.

The ffmpeg version I used still has mpeg steaming working but I have it set for jpeg right now. I cannot say for sure that RTSP works using anything other then the default admin/admin but until there is one "recommened" build of ffmpeg there is always going to be an issue with something.

Ok, now that your there looking at the feed I'll explain the rest. That NSLU2 is acting as an "IP" camera attached to a wireless router. That feed is coming from 2 routers downstream from the main AP. The wireless mesh I kept talking about has gone through some changes and I've found the best combo to run a security system. Once I get more time the same network will run wireless hotspots, but for now I'm happy I can offer something to the Zoneminder people.

If your wondering about security, the network is secured/hidden ssid. With my DVD and built in control panel you'll have the ability to build the necessary firmware to build the network. I'm trying to make it as automated as possible but it could require a couple minor entries for it to work. Not only will you be able to plug a IP camera into the network anywhere on any router and access it you'll also be able to tie into the network with wireless camera's also. Every single camera will get it's IP from the main AP so there is no complicated port forwarding needed. Everything will be handled by the main AP and even if several repeaters in the chain go down you'll still be able to monitor the remaining feeds.

As a bonus I've included a full working Asterisk/Freepbx system to intergrate with Zonemider down the road. You'll also be able to monitor all your AP's and Repeaters in real time with the built in heart beat moniter so you'll know right away when one goes down. All the features included in the older build will also be included. Most people know where to get my DVD now and once all these new features are included the donation will change, so if you grab the current one now you'll get this new one free, otherwise it will go for the newer amount.
newvisionantenna

My new DVD is uploading now and will be available this evening. All the options I could test appear to work fine to include mpeg viewing if desired. The latest FreePBX is included with a fully functional Asterisk install. A completely new Control panel is included along with a heartbeat monitor for use with the wireless mesh network. The only thing I couldn't dial in was the automatic firmware builder, that will come in an update. I will make desktop video's explaining step by step the process to setup a wireless camera network and how to integrate it into the Zoneminder DVD. The first couple people that get it and pm me will get a free key for testing. I've already ran though the install several times on different pc's with no problems and tested everything I could, but I would like a couple people to back me up on my findings.

See first post for download link.
newvisionantenna

Upload finished and link posted on page one. Have fun and I'll be back with videos on how to setup the wireless mesh network and proper usage of the heartbeat monitor. I've put a phone on the included asterisk system and it works so if any bugs are found just let me know.
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

Thanks newvisionantenna for this wonderful live cd!

It solved all my problems, only with one installation!
Mpeg streaming, my creative webcams... everything works perfect...

And now i've many other features to try, like Voip.

I suggest everyone to try it...
newvisionantenna

Thank you for the nice comments and I'm glad it got you up and running. I found time today to put together a quick video showing one way to setup a wireless mesh to work with the Zoneminder DVD and built in heartbeat monitor. There is actually 3 ways we can build a wireless mesh network, but for this video I've chosen to show the easiest of the three.

If you can put up with my boring voice and poor quality video you'll get an idea of how you can quickly setup a security perimeter with wireless routers and IP/Wireless cam's. If you were really motivated you could easily make all this solar powered and save money and time running cables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRui9IvjA44

p.s Small note, in the video I only had the heartbeat code setup in the main AP. The same code can be copied and pasted into each router. This way you will know exactly which router is offline.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Hello i have downloaded you DVD and would like to try it but i have a couple of questions. Is it free to try or do i have to donate before i use it? Also can i remaster it ie make some changes get it exactly how i like it then rip it back to a DVD to be installed somewhere else?
newvisionantenna

It's free to try but will ask for activation at some point. The part about remaster I would have to get you directions on that, it could be yes. I really wanted to give something back to the main zoneminder guys but so far I haven't reached that goal. I'm hard at work on wireless router's now and security and once I get a package built I'm going to attempt selling them all prebuilt for zoneminder or "motion, and also WiFi Gator for multipurpose usage.
gigiminder

Post by gigiminder »

hello,
excellent live live CD
as possible to have the key for activate the server?
newvisionantenna

I just sent you a key in a PM. Make sure you save it since it will work on any new release's or updates I make.

Hey Zoneminder, I should stop by and visit you, I'm in the UK right now :)
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You'd be very welcome if you are coming anywhere near Bristol, which is over in the West, about an hour and half out of London. Just let me know if you want to visit my extensive development complex :wink:
Phil
newvisionantenna

I see why Zoneminder was made by someone from the UK. I swear I had like 500 camera's looking at me downtown today. Can you guys even go anywhere without being watched? Great place don't get me wrong, loved the food today. It would be cool to meet you, have to see what I can do. I rode the "tube" all over today but don't remember the name Bristol.
newvisionantenna

If you could move this over into the new section your created that would be great. Hate to keep cluttering this section up. I'll be releasing a new build soon with Kubuntu 9.04 as an option instead of 8.04 if desired. That's right, 9.04 :)

I've got it all working now and I really like the KDE 4.2, simply amazing desktop and options. I'll slim down on all the apps since most people think it's overboard, even though on linux it's not loading all those things like windows does.