Zoneminder install DVD 1.24.x (3/7/2011)

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
cyrulution

Post by cyrulution »

newvisionantenna wrote:It's a completely stripped down xUbuntu 8.10 disk with the latest SVN version of Zoneminder and patches for ffmpeg.
Where ist it? Please give me a wee link.

(I just have an old P4 machine empty to try it out with a bt878 card)
Serenity is not freedom from storm; it's peace within the storm
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Don't expect a big difference from the other CD that is out, it's pretty much identical except for this is "bleeding edge". You may find that 8.10 does the trick, but I'm sticking with 8.04 LTS for now. Check your pm box in a couple minutes, I'm typing to you now within the Live CD so I have to reboot and I'll let you pull it down from my local machine.

Almost forgot, I'm trying out the mmap option so that is enabled on that build.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Curtis from blue cherry is working on a CD with almost the same specs here.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13080
Maybe some collaboration is a good idea.
newvisionantenna

To be honest, it's pretty much the same cd. I just had some time the other day and wanted to try it out which ended up in me bringing it up to date with the SVN build. I don't want to interfer with anything he is working on. I'll stick with my DVD and my Wireless CCTV Mesh building for now. I see a future in building Security system's wireless as opposed to running cable all over the place.
VyacheslavS

Post by VyacheslavS »

Please help:
wde-zoneminder-1.24-2.iso -
Not Found
The requested URL /br549/wde-zoneminder-1.24-2.iso was not found on this server.
nuck

Post by nuck »

newvisionantenna wrote:I see a future in building Security system's wireless as opposed to running cable all over the place.
Until you run into cordless phones and microwave ovens jamming the signals. :D Been there... :mrgreen:
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Me too used to work for a wireless company mostly things worked but sometimes explained/unexplained interference would be a real pain.
newvisionantenna

nuck wrote:
newvisionantenna wrote:I see a future in building Security system's wireless as opposed to running cable all over the place.
Until you run into cordless phones and microwave ovens jamming the signals. :D Been there... :mrgreen:
Tell that to this company that is charging 2 grand per router and setup.

http://www.firetide.com/innerContent.aspx?taxid=6&id=50

We have something better then the above company at a fraction of the price, not to mention offering the ability to make your own business out of it by selling WiFi on the same network. Trust me, been there done it and made a fortune. Here in Germany the wireless signal is way more strict then in the States and I have not seen the errors you speak of.

With the economy the way it is over there we have had more people then ever interested. For literlly a couple hundered dollars you have a complete business and it's proven to work and make you money. Before I go to far off subject on a sales pitch, the point is Zoneminder is a perfect candidate for the backend of any security system and I'm really impressed with all the work you guys have done. and look forward to helping out in any way I can.
newvisionantenna

Just to prove a point, look at the online demo. For testing purposes there is a W500G custom router running in repeater mode attached to another wireless repeater. Don't expect much, it's a $5 dollar usb webcam plugged in right now running from a low speed connection to a remote server. It's really meant to show that for less then $60 you can have a platform capable of hosting multipe usb or Lan camera's off of one router for Zoneminder. The quality, frame rate, resolution is completly adjustable with our custom firmware builder and control panel.
newvisionantenna

VyacheslavS wrote:Please help:
wde-zoneminder-1.24-2.iso -
Not Found
The requested URL /br549/wde-zoneminder-1.24-2.iso was not found on this server.
Fixed.
VyacheslavS

Post by VyacheslavS »

newvisionantenna wrote: Fixed.
md5 checksum=93d49d524494d486ba4a5a5435cb5a9e wde-zoneminder-1.24-2.iso ??? :shock:
but:
newvisionantenna wrote: ....
md5 checksum= 9190558af0b0881d720b0314b3e7d094
newvisionantenna

Good catch, forgot about that post. That md5 was for the free release with activation. I went back and removed that and forgot to put the new md5. I'll get the correct number asap. The one you came up with is probably the correct one if you have it running, but I'll post it just to be sure.

:o
newvisionantenna

VyacheslavS wrote:
newvisionantenna wrote: Fixed.
md5 checksum=93d49d524494d486ba4a5a5435cb5a9e wde-zoneminder-1.24-2.iso ??? :shock:
but:
newvisionantenna wrote: ....
md5 checksum= 9190558af0b0881d720b0314b3e7d094
You had it correct, sorry about the mistake. Just ran md5sum on it and it returned the following.
md5 checksum=93d49d524494d486ba4a5a5435cb5a9e
newvisionantenna

Alright, since you guys are such a great group of people, here is a very easy way to bring the free dvd up to SVN 2782 if you so desire. I have tested it locally on the very same dvd. As long as you haven't added anything else into the "zm" directory this should be seemless. I'll refine the script if needed. If you do try this please put some feedback if it worked or not. If your worried about having to reinstall if something goes wrong then do not do the following.

Here we go,

Bring up putty or a command prompt on your Zoneminder server and enter the following,

sudo wget http://newvisionantenna.com/br549/zm2782update.sh
sudo chmod +x zm2782update.sh
sudo ./zm2782update.sh

No other input required, if all went well Zoneminder should be running:)
If not, sorry, but you might have to reinstall until I get this type of update dialed in.

The donantion DVD will continue to run all stable builds as well as additional features and running the above on it is not recommended.
newvisionantenna

I have an Axis 233 online at my VPS with PTZ functions working within Zoneminder if anyone want's to test it out. While your there, check out the video quality on my ongoing low cost Wireless CCTV solution(it's a recorded event until I get time to put it outside)

See first post for link.

It would help if I allowed admin/admin to actually see the camera. You can now view and control the Axis.