ZMLiveCD 2008

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
eug

Post by eug »

I tried installing ZMLinuxOS_2008.7 on two different computers with sata hard drives. The liveCD boots and installs fine, but after I install to HDD and reboot, mounting the root partition fails with error 6. I thought it was quite odd, as the liveCD booted up fine and could find sda1.

I tried it on a Dell GX620 and a self-built computer with an MSI G965M motherboard.

Is this is a common problem with a simple solution?

edit - screenshot here:

i thought the kernel might not have sata support, but the livecd booted fine...

thanks
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I just downloaded PClinuxOS ZM. It installs great and looks great but it can not see my
Trendnet TV-IP110 cams. I had LiveCD1.23.3 mandriva running and all I had to do was
go in and change the setup for camera1 and add camera2 with the proper IP addresses
and it worked great. But the old computer I had just got it running on was on birds legs
which proceeded to break. So I got a better machine and figured that if the mdv livecd
1.23.3 was that good I would give PClinuxOS a look, went in and configured every
thing as I had it on the previous install but no joy. These cameras after upgrading the
firmware work great, I have one at home on my home system:

www.wchast.com/zm

The camera is called "dock"
And these cameras were working great with the Mandriva liveCD. Just not with the
present CD. Any ideas??
By way I was ready to upgrade the home system to pclinux, but have to find out why
the trendnets are not working.

Chuck Hast
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Found it! shared memory was set too high... Just happened to see a message in the
messages log, that it could not access shared memory...
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm