HELP - FFMPEG and Low Quality Jpeg

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i remreber a while ago while writing zm4ms that 0.4.9 ffmpeg had this problem but not 0.4.8

I think this is an ffmpeg issue not a zm issue. If the manual vid creation fails then it is deffo not zm.

You might try a different ffmpeg version.
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
AlienTesticle

Post by AlienTesticle »

Just a thought. are the jpegs made with the default libjpeg or one of those optimized mmx or sse ones. In case its not with ffmpeg. I would be willing to take a look at some of your jpegs if you want. Just post a link to them.

I'll use ffmpeg and mencoder to test.
distro: archlinux
zoneminder: 1.22.3
diogojorge

Post by diogojorge »

AlienTesticle,

this is one of the images:

thanks
Last edited by diogojorge on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlienTesticle

Post by AlienTesticle »

just a note to say I have not forgot about this.

I get that error also with your file.

with just a little looking around. I seems to be an error with the huffman encoding... Now.. is it when the jpeg is being written at such a low percentage or is it when it is being read that it is corrupted, I have not found out.

It was late when I was looking and I dont have the link, but I read somewhere that there was/is an issue and an older version worked. Now.. I was pretty tired when I found that.. and I now dont remember if it was related to libjpeg or ffmpeg.

I tried reading in the file with imagemagick and writing it back out at 20% quality and it then read ok.

I have to finish my other project related to this post. then I will look into this further.
diogojorge

Post by diogojorge »

Thanks AlienTesticle :)
diogojorge

Post by diogojorge »

AlienTesticle

So? Nothing?

:lol:
AlienTesticle

Post by AlienTesticle »

sorry diogojorge... been tied up with some other projects and havent worked on any of my zoneminder projects. Rebuilding my test zoneminder box over the weekend. Hope to try again next week.

weird I never got an email notice you posted again.