Upgraded to Debian 4.0/Etch - ZM not working.

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
sgn

Upgraded to Debian 4.0/Etch - ZM not working.

Post by sgn »

I upgraded to Debian 4.0 yesterday, after which I have unable to log in to the ZoneMinder console. Was working smoothly on Sarge, but now whenever I try to log in, I'm just returned to the login screen as if my details were wrong.

I set "debug=true" in index.php, to try and found a reason, and I'm getting the following error:

Code: Select all

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/zm.php:28) in /var/www/zm.php on line 15
Sure, I've upgraded to php5 as part of the upgrade, but why doesn't it work? Same scripts were working before, even tried to recompile ZM.

HD space is beeing used like before, so I guess the box IS recording, but I'm unable to view the data :).
Last edited by sgn on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
majik-br

Post by majik-br »

same thing here ...

My ZM 1.22.3 system was installed & working with auth=on ... when upgraded to Debian 4.0, it started correctly but when I try to login, it displays the same login page (as if I had input wrong user/pass).

Temporary workaround is to disable authentication (go to config database on MySQL - either by hand or through phpMyAdmin) and set auth to 0.

this way I found out everything is indeed working, only authentication isn't.

hope somebody has the time & knowledge to figure out what's going on! :wink:

ps: tried to compile it again from scratch, compiled ok (no errors), but no change - auth still doesn't work
sgn

Post by sgn »

Confirmed. Even tried completely reinstalling the entire sheit... I'm sure the team will find out why, though...

Works like it is right now, but I don't like everyone being able to view/change configs...
majik-br

Post by majik-br »

Still not a fix, but a more secure workaround is to password protect the /var/www/zm folder using htaccess (enable it on /etc/apache/httpd.conf, then use htpasswd to generate the pass).
sgn

Post by sgn »

Well, yeah, thats the first thing I did. Problem is, I don't want certain users to be able to access settings and/or edit events...
monex

Post by monex »

majik-br wrote:same thing here ...

My ZM 1.22.3 system was installed & working with auth=on ... when upgraded to Debian 4.0, it started correctly but when I try to login, it displays the same login page (as if I had input wrong user/pass).

Temporary workaround is to disable authentication (go to config database on MySQL - either by hand or through phpMyAdmin) and set auth to 0.

this way I found out everything is indeed working, only authentication isn't.

hope somebody has the time & knowledge to figure out what's going on! :wink:

ps: tried to compile it again from scratch, compiled ok (no errors), but no change - auth still doesn't work
hi

you can try to set a new admin password via phpmyadmin:
select zm database and user table.
select the line with the username admin and choose edit.
enter a new password and choose "PASSWORD" as function.

the password function of mysql has changed in the past maybe thats the problem here.

hope this helps

Monex
majik-br

Post by majik-br »

monex wrote: hi

you can try to set a new admin password via phpmyadmin:
select zm database and user table.
select the line with the username admin and choose edit.
enter a new password and choose "PASSWORD" as function.

the password function of mysql has changed in the past maybe thats the problem here.

hope this helps
Monex
yeah - you were right! this solved my problem ...

thanks!
sgn

Post by sgn »

Worked for me too, but the hash has more characters, which "algo" is used by the "Password" function?