viewing zm on local network or via internet

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
linuxnewbie

viewing zm on local network or via internet

Post by linuxnewbie »

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could help. Ive installed zm on Suse 10.2 and its all working fine.

How do i view the zm console on another machine ive tried typing in the ip address of the box that im running zm but that does'nt seem to work. I would also like to get this working for my public ip address

Any help would be much appericated im quite new to linux so this might be obvious but ive been stuck on this for weeks!

Thanks in advance..
monex

Post by monex »

Hi,

first you have to open the firewall port from suse firewall. start yast -> security and users and choose firewall. select allowed services and and choose from the service list http and then add this service. finish firewall configuration.

now you should reach the zm webinterface from internal network. to acces your zm box from the internet you have to forward the port 80 from your router to your zm box. for more information you should look here
hope this helps

Have a lot of fun

monex
linuxnewbie

Post by linuxnewbie »

thanks!! i'll give that a go!! :D
linuxnewbie

Post by linuxnewbie »

monex wrote:Hi,

first you have to open the firewall port from suse firewall. start yast -> security and users and choose firewall. select allowed services and and choose from the service list http and then add this service. finish firewall configuration.

now you should reach the zm webinterface from internal network. to acces your zm box from the internet you have to forward the port 80 from your router to your zm box. for more information you should look here
hope this helps

Have a lot of fun

monex
Thanks that worked like a dream!!

Only pronlem is if i click on an event or anyother options i get access forbidden. any ideas how i can resolve this? i've posted on the main thread you suggested aswell

Thanks in advance