Changing monitor ID numbers?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
MJN

Changing monitor ID numbers?

Post by MJN »

Forgive me if this is a stupid question - perhaps I cannot see wood for the trees...

Having experiemented with my ZM setup I'm now in a position of it up-and-running as I want it. However, given I have added/removed/changed various monitors during this time my ID numbers are now discontiguous i.e. they go 1.., 2.., 4.., 7.. etc.

Is it possible for me to change the numbers to make them 1, 2, 3, 4 ..? Perhaps even to change their order so particular monitors come before others?

I am assuming this is a mySQL thing and I don't mind if the solution is a bit cludgy as it's likely I'll only need to do it just this once.

I appreciate it works fine as it is however I'm a stickler for neatness and things being 'just right'...! :oops:

Mathew
Last edited by MJN on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
robi

Post by robi »

Same here 8)
jlnavio

Post by jlnavio »

I have the same problem.

Can somebody help us, please?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

im not so sure its as easy as just renumbering them in mysql. You could and if i was too id use myadmin but id bet there was some file changes too
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You can easily reorder them by clicking on the little triangles on the console but there is no simple way of changing ids at present. I will probably remove the id from being displayed in the next version or two anyway as I don't think it add anything anyway.

However if you want to do it manually then you will have to
0) Backup everything if you can, at least the DB!
1) Shutdown zm
2) Rename the monitor folders in the events directory
3) Update the Monitors, Zones, Events, Frames and Users table at the very least with the new Id.
4) Update any other tables that are relevant for you, e.g. ControlPresets
5) Restart ZM and watch the logs.
Phil