Possible to set the default live monitor view to 'stills'?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
MJN

Possible to set the default live monitor view to 'stills'?

Post by MJN »

Sorry if I've overlooked a config setting on this one...

I'm wondering if it is possible to set the default 'live monitor view' to show in stills mode (auto-refreshing as per the bandwidth settings) by default as opposed to live streaming? I would like to do this given that a) my upload bandwidth is limited and hence supporting mutliple concurrent access would be greatly eased by the default being set to auto-refreshing stills rather than live streaming, and b) many users are sat on restricted IE installations at work and hence can't view the steam anyway (unable to load the Java applet) and hence we have to click on 'stills' to see anything - it'd be great if it was the default.

Of course, one way around this would be to disable streaming altogether, however it'd be a nice function to have available hence I was wondering if I can just change the 'default view'?

Does my question make sense?

Mathew
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you go to Options and then the particular bandwidth setting you can use the ZM_WEB_x_USE_STREAMS option to switch streaming on or off. it sounds pretty much what you are after.
Phil
MJN

Post by MJN »

Thanks Phil.

Sigh... It is exactly what I'm after. And it does of course allow streaming if required (just not by default). Here's me thinking I'd thought of a novel idea/change! (give me time, I'll find something! ;))

And to think I started modifying the php code to change the behaviour (by specifying the &mode in the URL).

Is there an equivalent to RTFM for reading the f'ing config/options? ;)

Cheers,

Mathew
Last edited by MJN on Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I should probably autogenerate a page I can upload to the Wiki so it would be easier to search through them as it can be hard to work out where to look. Even I forget sometimes but I had an inkling about this one.
Phil