Issues configuring with FC6x64

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
benjaminellison

Issues configuring with FC6x64

Post by benjaminellison »

Has anyone managed to completely solve the dreaded libmysqlclient issue yet?

I downloaded ZoneMinder and am trying to build it, and keep running into this when I do a ./configure

Code: Select all

checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: zm requires libmysqlclient.a
I've searched the forums, and tried all the solutions found in threads like
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5302
and
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5605

things like:
linking /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient.a to /user/lib/
verified that the mysql header files (.h) are all in /usr/include

edited configure as mentioned in the threads above

and several other misc. things -- none of which has worked yet.

I've also tried numerous variations on the ./configure command... the last few of which were

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr/lib --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-lib=/lib64
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-lib=/lib64
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-lib=/lib64 --with-libarch=lib64
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr/lib64 --with-ffmpeg=/usr/lib64 --with-lib=/lib64
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-lib=/lib64
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-arch=lib64
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-arch=lib64 --with-lib=/usr/lib64 CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/openssl" 
and most recently:

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-arch=lib64 --with-lib=/usr/lib64 CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include" 
Misc lines cut from amidst the config.log file

configure:5926: g++ -o conftest -g -O2  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib64/mysql   conftest.cc -lmysqlclient  -ldl -lz -ljpeg  >&5

/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(client.o): In function `mysql_close_free_options':(.text+0xcaf): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_free'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `report_errors':(.text+0x7d): undefined reference to `ERR_get_error_line_data'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x113): undefined reference to `SSL_new'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x127): undefined reference to `SSL_clear'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x133): undefined reference to `SSL_get_session'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x13e): undefined reference to `SSL_SESSION_set_timeout'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x154): undefined reference to `SSL_set_fd'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x160): undefined reference to `SSL_set_connect_state'
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a(viossl.o): In function `sslconnect':(.text+0x16c): undefined reference to `SSL_do_handshake'
And many other similar entries along the same lines. I have openssl installed, so I'm not sure what the deal here is, either.

Version of ZoneMinder: 1.22.2 (downloaded earlier this week)
Version of mysql and mysql-devel: mysql-devel-5.0.22-2.1 mysql-5.0.22-2.1
And my distro is Fedora Core 6 64-bit

So now I'm stumped... any ideas?

many thanks,
--B
benjaminellison

SOLVED

Post by benjaminellison »

Well, I figured out the issue with the libmysqlclient

I had to edit the configure file. In addition to the earlier edit I made, I added the following line immediately above the conftest for mysql_init

LIBS="$LIBS -lssl -lcrypto"
and used the following configure command:

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin/ --with-mysql=/usr --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-arch=/lib64 --with-extralibs="-L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib64/mysql"  
Now I need to figure out the AVCodecContext make error :)
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

the av codec error you have might be in the wiki re ffmpeg patch?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk