day to night trouble, too many events, and one other issue

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
hondaman

day to night trouble, too many events, and one other issue

Post by hondaman »

I just got back from my trip from Florida, and started going over my events. All 3700 of them in a week!

1. Going through them one by one is tedious. Is there a easier way?
2. Every day to night transition, one of my cameras cant make up its mind to use infrared, or regular light. The result is a recorded event as it blinks on and off. How can I make this not an event?
3. My camera in my front yard records cars driving down my street just fine. But, it wont record an event of me, start to finish, walking in my own driveway between my cars. Its as if there isnt enough change from frame to frame and it doesnt record it? Does that make sense? What adjustments should I make to fix that?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: day to night trouble, too many events, and one other iss

Post by zoneminder »

hondaman wrote:1. Going through them one by one is tedious. Is there a easier way?
If you using FireFox then timeline mode is usually the quickest way to quickly skim through events. You can reduce the number by running a filter to eliminate events with only one alarm frame for example if you prefer.
hondaman wrote:2. Every day to night transition, one of my cameras cant make up its mind to use infrared, or regular light. The result is a recorded event as it blinks on and off. How can I make this not an event?
The best thing is to check the stats for events that are generated and see what the characteristics are. For instance if 95% of the image has changed then you could use this as a basis for the maximum alarmed pixels value. Additionally if you have an area in the image that (a) changes with the camera mode change and (b) is not in your normal alarmed region then you could set up a preclusive zone to damp down whole scene changes. If this zone is triggered (which it should not normally be) then it prevents any other changes from causing an alarm.
hondaman wrote:3. My camera in my front yard records cars driving down my street just fine. But, it wont record an event of me, start to finish, walking in my own driveway between my cars. Its as if there isnt enough change from frame to frame and it doesnt record it? Does that make sense? What adjustments should I make to fix that?
You will probably need to experiment with changing your zone shapes, sizes and sensitivities. If you don't want the street included at all just put that area outside of a zone or make it an inclusive zone so it only gets checked if other zones have already alarmed.

Configuring zones is a bit of an art and unfortunately there is no 'one size fits all' solution. Let us know how you get on.
Phil