zmc -m 3' exited abnormally, exit status 11

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
cordel

Post by cordel »

I put referance on use of zmu under the troubleshooting section of the wiki just in case someone wanted online reference:
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Zmu

should be:
zmu -m 2 -i snap_mjpeg.jpg
for example.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Okay, here you go...

(Server restarted and run first using snapshotjpeg (error-free) and then nphmotionjpeg, for which errors occured every couple of minutes):

snapshotjpeg:

nphmotionjpeg:

For what it's worth, the frame rate of my IP cameras cannot be throttled at the cameras so whilst capturing at 3fps in nphmotionjpeg mode there are presumably surplus frames also arriving.

Mathew
cordel

Post by cordel »

Well, This is not at all what I expected, but then again if I looked more closely at your initial post, I would have known this :oops: BTW thank you for taking the time to research and put the addr2line output. I'm sure this will be more usefull to Phil, but I'll take a peek and see what thoughts I can conjour up but this is helpful and gives us a direction to go in and hopefully be able to replicate it. At some future date.... might it be possible for you to poke a hole through to one of these type cams should we need it?
MJN

Post by MJN »

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem - just let me know.

Thanks Cordel for your help, it's much appreciated.

Mathew
MJN

Post by MJN »

Hmmm.... Haven't had the backtrace issues for a couple of days now yet one camera is running on nphmotionjpeg.

Dammit. Should be happy if the issue has gone (perhaps it was my fault e.g. not fully restarting the service(s) etc) but there's always that nagging feeling that it's just hiding, perhaps waiting until I'm on holiday or something before going belly up!

Oh well, for the time being feel free to ignore my plea for help. If it comes back I'll shout.

Mathew
cordel

Post by cordel »

Great Mathew, Thanks for the follow up. You have no idea how much I appreciate it :D
But if thats the case it should be fairly easy to duplicate. Take one cam and set it back to jpeg snap shots and restart the service, the switch it back with out a restart and see if you get the same error back on the one cam. Then we will know and we can all feel better ;)

Corey