1.22.1 missing zmSlangImages in french version

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
seb3s

1.22.1 missing zmSlangImages in french version

Post by seb3s »

Hi Philip,

The new zmSlangImages is missing in zm_lang_fr_fr.php. This causes the images tab not being visible under options.

I also noticed that the 'Archive' word was not splitted into its 2 different meaning (verb & name) as discussed in http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5982.
Would be nice if this could be made into next release.

Cheers,
Sebastien.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yes, the Images tag seems to have been missed out of all the language files.

The archive token is not split in this version. I mentioned last time this came up that people could send me any more examples if they existed. That way I would do them all at once however so far I've not received any more or been told that there are no more and archive is the only one.

If you can look through and list out any tokens where this applies then I will go through and do a bulk change.
Phil
seb3s

verb & name tokens

Post by seb3s »

Hi Philip,

It's quite difficult to be sure which terms are used in both context as I still discover some features of ZM.

I had a quick look at the language file, and I didn't notice any terms that I know of being used in both context.

However, I encounter the following cases :

Select ==> used as a verb to allow for the selection of a monitor from a list. But is also used a the column header for the current selection of the active monitor group. For the latter I would use selection instead.

Control ==> used as a entry point to display the PTZ panel to control caméra as well as a feature that can be enabled for a user (via the options). I would prefer having two different terms for that or something more meaningful like 'PTZ control' (I mean control is a bit too generic to immediatly guess the meaning).

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Sebastien.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Thanks Sebastien, I will look at these tokens as well.
Phil