May I run filters manually ?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
marcolino

May I run filters manually ?

Post by marcolino »

Hi, all
probably a stupid question, but I occasionally need to manually purge many events: may I run a filter on request, or must I wait for ZM_FILTER_EXECUTE_INTERVAL ?
Thanks in advance !
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You can just load a filter manually, run it, and then select all the returned events and delete them. It won't delete them when you run it, but it will returnt he same events.
Phil
marcolino

Post by marcolino »

O.k. Sorry, I didn't completely understand filters logic, now I do (hopefully ...)
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

The only problematic point with this approach perhaps, that if there are a lot of events, many pages will be returned. The "select all" will select only the events on a single page, but if there are a hundred of pages, then one will need to go thought all the pages, selecting all the events and erasing them.

Or perhaps I'm incorrect, and select all selects all the returned events indeed?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You can select 'view all' from the returned list of events to get them all on one page. You are right however that if there are thousands it will be 'a bad thing'. This is the point of automatic ones really.
Phil