Installation/Upgrade issue...

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jeffremiller

Installation/Upgrade issue...

Post by jeffremiller »

In my testing, I decided now would be a good time to update my install to 0.9.15 so....

Now when attempting to build it I receive the following:

Saving config to 'zmconfig.txt'
Saving config to DB
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'zm.Config' doesn't exist at ./zmconfig.pl line 1220, <> line 8.
Can't do 'delete from Config': Table 'zm.Config' doesn't exist at ./zmconfig.pl line 1220, <> line 8.
Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect(), <> line 8.

I've checked my usernames three or four times and even reset the passwords.

Ideas?
jeffremiller

Re: Installation/Upgrade issue...

Post by jeffremiller »

Sorry for the multiple posts.... But I figured some of this out on my own.

I did end up back at 0.9.12... no luck with .14 or .15

Perhaps I'll try again next week.

Also, how do I make a zone more sensitive? Seem to have a problem detecting things at a distance.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Re: Installation/Upgrade issue...

Post by zoneminder »

Hi Jeff,

No problem with the posts, I'll remove the redundant ones when I get chance. Regarding the missing config table, did you remember to run the zmalter scripts for _all_ intervening versions. So going from .12 to .15 you would run the script for .12, .13 and .14 (except I don't think there was one for .14). I think the .13 one had the Config table creation in it.

About your other question, in general zones can be made more sensitive by reducing the alarm threshold (ie the difference in pixels) and/or the minimum alarm/filter/blob pixels. Don't forget you can define zones of differing sensitivity to cover different areas of your image.

Cheers,

Phil,