Zoneminder on Ubuntu 11.04

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
JackLocke

Zoneminder on Ubuntu 11.04

Post by JackLocke »

Hello All,
I have question regarding configuration of ZM on Ubuntu. I've installed ZM, using sudo apt-get install zoneminder .. And installation went just fine.

Now, here is I wanted to do ... I have a network cam connected with my network with static IP. Following are my settings for Monitor (except default settings).

General Tab
Source Type: Remote
Function: Motion
Enabled = true

Source Tab
Remote Protocol: HTTP
Remote Method: Simple
Remote Host address: <My CAM IP>
Remote Host Port: 8005
Remote Host Path: /appro-cgi/mjpeg.cgi

In Options
Images Tab

Stream_Method: jpeg
MPEG_LIVE_FORMAT: cgi (I have no idea but I assumed it from remote host path)

Now, when I click on the Monitor ... it just shows empty white window and nothing else.
I can access Camera by typing it's IP in browser and it works just fine. But for some reason ZM can't connect to it.
Also, I tried to capture packets between my machine and Cam using Wireshark ... but I dont see any communication between them (when I run ZM, otherwise it shows data packets between them)

I have no clue where to begin from.
I will really appreciate it if anyone can guide me on it.

Thanks in advance
-Jack :!:
cordel

Re: Zoneminder on Ubuntu 11.04

Post by cordel »

MPEG_LIVE_FORMAT should be the video container you want to use... ie asf, avi, check the tool tip in the Options/Images for that option setting hints.
JackLocke

Post by JackLocke »

cordel wrote:MPEG_LIVE_FORMAT should be the video container you want to use... ie asf, avi, check the tool tip in the Options/Images for that option setting hints.
Thanks for your reply Cordel. I tried to change the format to AVI and MPEG. But screen stays blank.

Am I missing something here ??

-Jack
cordel

Post by cordel »

Well hopefully you have jpeg streams still checked and it not really using that setting. What errors are in your Apache error_log?
JackLocke

Post by JackLocke »

cordel wrote:Well hopefully you have jpeg streams still checked and it not really using that setting. What errors are in your Apache error_log?
Yes, they are checked ...
And there is nothing significant in Apache Error Log too ...

Code: Select all

[Fri Jun 10 12:42:23 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.5-1ubuntu7.2 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Jun 10 14:10:41 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg() is deprecated in /usr/share/zoneminder/includes/functions.php on line 808, referer: hxxp://127.0.0.1/zm/index.php
and this gets repeated number of times ... but messages stays same ..
Do you have any other suggestion for me ??

-Jack

P.S. I cant post whole log because I am getting message "Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs." !!
cordel

Post by cordel »

Turn debug on in ZM as noted at the sticky at the top of the forum or the wiki. Set it to 4 and limit it to zmc.
JackLocke

Post by JackLocke »

Hi Cordel,
Thanks for your suggestion. I enabled logging as suggested in sticky. I also changed path of EXTRA_DEBUG_LOG to other location and PATH_SOCKS, PATH_LOGS, PATH_SWAP to other locations as well. All of these changes require to restart ZM, right ? So when i restarted the service, I got new error now !!!

Code: Select all

linux@linux-System-Name:~$ sudo service zoneminder restart
Stopping ZoneMinder: Zoneminder already stopped

Starting ZoneMinder: Can't open log file '/home/linux/Desktop/ZMLogs/tmp/zmdc.log': Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 279.
Can't connect: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 349
	ZoneMinder::Debug::Fatal('Can\'t connect: No such file or directory') called at /usr/bin/zmdc.pl line 168
failure
Now, this is getting really weird. It says no such directory or file, then how come it was working fine till now ? Am I doing something wrong ???

-Jack