DLINK DSC-2100 ... [more problems :(]

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
Caffeine

DLINK DSC-2100 ... [more problems :(]

Post by Caffeine »

I've been through almost every combination of settings possible and I cant figure out why its not working ...

the device is running on:
the path to the video is:
/cgi-bin/video.jpg
the port is set to
80 (same as camera setting)
video res is :
640x480 (same as camera setting)
max fps 10 (same as camera setting)
cap fps 10 (same as camera setting)

when i navigate to the direct url in ie ff or chrome (192.168.1.104:80/cgi-bin/video.jpg or 192.168.1.104/cgi-bin/video.jpg) the image is displayed and available as it should be

however when i try and add this in zoneminder it still wont retrieve the image ?? & the status is red :(

im running 10.04 server & zoneminder latest version from the repository

i also tried changing http from v1.1 to 1.0 no change
i also tried adding user accounts to the camera one user called zoneminder and another called guest :( still no joy

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
I have tried searching the forum and google but no joy with all the articles i've read :(
ps.
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link << all these methods failed
& also tried a few combinations with the video port on the camera ... port 5003
ive also tried the username:password@192.168.1.104 and still no joy :(
i have removed all users and passwords to the camera (removed the login) still no joy

##################
added
kernal.shmmax = 268435456
to /etc/sysclt.conf
lowered the resolution to 320x240 and it appears to be capturing.

##################

Settings for the dlink dsc 2100 are as follows ....

remote:http:simple
ip : 123.123.123.123
port : 80
path : /cgi-bin/video.jpg
res : 320 x 240
format : 24bit colour

###################

If i increase the shared memory more is there a chance i might be able to get higher resolutions ?

thanks for your help bb99 it was driving me CRAZY lol

###################
further issues ... the camera seems to capture 1 or 2 events then hang
... i set the shared memory to 500mb so that shouldn't be a problem now
any ideas ?? ... & have the motion capture zone on (best medium)

could it just be the spec on the pc ? ... even tho its only running ubuntu server on 2.4ghz 1gb of ram ?

i need this system to be reliable im trying to catch some thieves.
Last edited by Caffeine on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
bb99

Re: DLINK DSC-2100 ... HTTP Hell(p)

Post by bb99 »

Very likely a shared memory issue. Check to see what shmall and shmmax are set to. If the shmmax value is 134217728 (default value) change it to 268435456. The first value will not support 640*480 and 24bit color, the second will. Retry what you've already tried for settings. Search the wiki or forum for "shared memory" or "can't shmget" for details on how to do this it's well documented.
Caffeine

Re: DLINK DSC-2100 ... HTTP Hell(p)

Post by Caffeine »

thanks bb99 im going to look into that now will post back any results ;0)
bb99

Re: DLINK DSC-2100 ... minor buggyness

Post by bb99 »

The 268435456 setting should be good for 640*480, 24 bit color. Trick is to match camera settings exactly in zoneminder. Camera quirkiness might be solved by lowering the frame rate on the camera if it supports this but I don't have much experience Dlink's.
Caffeine

Re: DLINK DSC-2100 ... minor buggyness

Post by Caffeine »

cheers dude ill try lowering the frame rate a little more and changing shmmax to 268435456

some times it works ... then the preview window goes black .... if i restart the server it seems to come back on but atm is pretty intermittent ill let you know if it makes any difference

thanks for your help once again ;)

###############################

results ....

i lowered the frame rate from 5fps to 3fps and altered the memory to suggested value of 268435456 ... the current resolution is set @ 320 x 240 colour ... i still think its a memory / processing issue ... i dont think its related to the camera

when i reboot zm the camera works for about 2/3minutes then the monitor window goes black and i cant seem to get it back unless i restart the zm server ... im going to the pc market tomorrow ill see if i can get a better machine to test it on.

getting there step by step i think :D
Caffeine

Re: DLINK DSC-2100 ... monitor fails after 2mins?

Post by Caffeine »

camera is still disabling itself ? after 10/20 minutes ... is there anyway to stop this ??? (this happens on mocord/monitor)

the monitor screen turns black and the camera status goes red ... then the only way to get it back online is to restart zm or change the detection type on the camera

i've tried increasing the shared memory to 500mb/800mb still the camera is going down ... im @ a loss :(

ill try and get the contents of the logfiles uploaded tonight.

################################################

altered the buffer sizes (b/c im capping @ 1fps) under the monitor setup form and everything seems to be working now