Zone name in event

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
TehMaliron

Zone name in event

Post by TehMaliron »

OK, I have searched through these forums high and low, and have not seen anyone mention anything along these lines. Sorry if there is another thread about this somewhere, because it seems like such an obvious feature. If there is please point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a way to have the "event prefix" be able to have the zone name that trigger the event. I feel it would be very advantageous to be able to search through the recordings and see, "Oh, this was event was triggered by someone walking up to my car because the event is labeled 'Driveway-Car-4924'."

I tried to set an event prefix as "Driveway-%EC%-", but I soon realised that, even if that had worked, it would only give me "Driveway-Motion-" type events. Even though this did not work at all anyway.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks!
cordel

Post by cordel »

Far as I'm aware and I believe is described in the documentation, the only variables available out side of the time are the ones that are provided by zmtriggers.pl

I know that someone had claimed to do something in the past but as I recall never shared.

I'm sure if you search for the combination of timestamp and showtext you'll have a manageable list.
TehMaliron

Post by TehMaliron »

So in your opinion it should be possible to use some of the variables found in zmtrigger.pl and the timestamp variables in the "event prefix" variable?
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Why not just rename the zone or am i missing your point
TehMaliron

Post by TehMaliron »

Why not just rename the zone
I do rename the camera, but I like to have multiple "zones" setup for each camera. It allows for more precise triggering. What I would like is for a camera event to have the zone that caused the trigger labeled in it.

For example: Camera 1 has zones A,B,C.

Right now if there is a motion event, the title of the event is simply prefixed with "Camera 1-{event id}" no matter what zone had the motion in it.

I think it would very helpful is the event would read "Camera 1-B-{event id}" if the motion that caused the alarm occured in Zone B.
Last edited by TehMaliron on Tue May 05, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cordel

Post by cordel »

See this post:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10549

and search the change log.
TehMaliron

Post by TehMaliron »

I tried some of the suggestions here, with no luck. Sorry for the delay, but I have not had a lot of time to mess with it. It seems as though it ignores any variable you put in the "event prefix" field and just prints the literal %E or what not. Possibly this was fixed in a newer version. It's not in the Ubuntu repos yet. I know how to compile the latest and greatest on my own and all, but that's a road I don't feel like traveling down right now. Filled with broken dependency pot holes I'm sure.

Can anyone confirm that what I want to do works in later version?
jhyatt5

Re: Zone name in event

Post by jhyatt5 »

Did you ever find a solution to this post? I would like to do the same.
asker

Post by asker »

This feature was recently added to zoneminder - it will be part of 1.32.0 when it releases
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
p3k074

Post by p3k074 »

Great, but how can use it ?
I make upgrade to 1.32 and still cant see in logs name of zone which going to alarm state.
Only get older name of camera :(
pkal

Post by pkal »

I too have been looking for a solution to this problem. I am looking to add a fixed-prefix to the camera-feed and the string in the Event Prefix does not appear anywhere; neither in the JPG / MP4 file-names nor in the folder-structure.

I am using the Record function.

Should the Event-Prefix appear anywhere? If so, where?