Zoneminder, Squid and Shorewall. Need to bypass proxy.

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
rtaxerxes

Zoneminder, Squid and Shorewall. Need to bypass proxy.

Post by rtaxerxes »

Hi,

This is not a Zoneminder specific question but someone must have run into this problem and have a solution.

I have 1 Ubuntu 7.10 server that is running Zoneminder. It is also my LAN proxy and router to internet. I have set up Shorewall so that Squid is a transparent proxy. I also am using a program called Squish which monitors users proxy usage and blocks them if they go over a preset limit.

The problem is that viewing the cameras is going through the proxy and is therefore counting towards their internet usage. How would I bypass this? I have set Squid to not cache anything for addresses 192.168.10 but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas please?
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

Bind the web server to the internal nic. That should keep it from going through the proxy. If no, you may have to multinet the internal nic, and bind to the second address.
rtaxerxes

Post by rtaxerxes »

Will that not make it inaccessible from outside LAN, because we view the cameras over the internet when we need to.
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

It depends on how you have your proxy and bridging set up. It is a complex solution if you need to keep it all on one box.