Image 'Jumping'

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
splatty

Image 'Jumping'

Post by splatty »

Ok - I have other more serious problems - but just a quick one:

One of cameras has a 'jumping' image every so often. every 20 seconds or so sort of just jumps.

This is on a camera that is running telemtry over coax - but this isnt causing any problems on a machine with the same bttv cards, running kodicom.

One of the things thats occured to me was that maybe one of the things that could be causing it was termination. I checked on my multiplexer ( a dedicated micros one) but termination was off.

Its just this one camera - and another camera that also runs telemetry over coax isnt having the same issue.

Yep, i plugged the camera into a jvc cctv monitor, and it didnt jump.

Remember its just this camera, and only in zoneminder- and if i plug another camera into the same port it doesnt jump.

any1 have any ideas? Synch issue ?
Im a weirdo. No seriously, I am.

Tomorrow is a new day. Does that mean yesterday was an old one, or just the day before today?
haus

Post by haus »

I have no idea what telemetry over coax means, but I had an image "jumping" problem (in fact I think I used exactly the same term) on a cheap pico2000 card from Ebay when I was using more than one of its inputs (it's a 1-chip, 4 port card). So I set "captures per frame" in ZM from 1 to 2, and the jumping stopped. Of course this decimated my frame rate so I eventually bought a kodicomm clone 8 chip card, but it did solve my particular issue. Yours may not be related, but the symptom sounds similar.
softland

Post by softland »

Do you have configured properly the "cambozola.jar" file? This worked for me