How to keep ZoneMinder Console minimized?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
tdukes

How to keep ZoneMinder Console minimized?

Post by tdukes »

Hello,

When the ZoneMinder console is running on a windoze box, every time it refreshes (I thinks that's what's happening), the console pops-up in the foreground. Any way to turn this off or stop it?

I know this is supposed to happen in an alarm situation, but there are no alarms.

TIA
________
Cb250
Last edited by tdukes on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuck

Re: How to keep ZoneMinder Console minimized?

Post by nuck »

tdukes wrote:Hello,

When the ZoneMinder console is running on a windoze box, every time it refreshes (I thinks that's what's happening), the console pops-up in the foreground. Any way to turn this off or stop it?

I know this is supposed to happen in an alarm situation, but there are no alarms.

TIA
Try a different browser? I use Opera and and have the console in a tab and when the console updates the icon on that particular tab will flicker but otherwise it doesn't bother me.
haus

Post by haus »

I've been plagued by the same issue.

Opera won't work for me because it doesn't do streams, it's no better than using IE in that case.

So I open the montage view and put it on top of the console window. Then the console can do whatever it wants in the background; I never really look at it as long as the montage is open.
tdukes

Post by tdukes »

It does it both with IE and Foxfire.
________
MAGNUM
Last edited by tdukes on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
coke

Post by coke »

I think it only does it if you have the option checked to resize the window. Ever since I turned that off (or maybe another setting, it's been a while) I haven't been plagued by that issue. ZM_WEB_RESIZE_CONSOLE on the web tab.
nuck

Post by nuck »

haus wrote:I've been plagued by the same issue.

Opera won't work for me because it doesn't do streams, it's no better than using IE in that case.
I have no problems at all with streams working in Opera. I use it daily and it works just dandy for anything I want to do other than viewing the odd badly coded (IE specific) web pages..

Internet Exploder is nothing more than a virus waiting to be set free.
haus

Post by haus »

First, coke, you are my hero. :) It works like a charm, thank you!

nuck, I must have an incorrect setting then. When I try to use Opera I don't even get the choice of "stills" or "stream" at the top of the montage window like I do in Firefox - as if ZoneMinder doesn't know that Opera is capable of streaming. I know there are settings relating to this, but don't spend any time replying unless someone else has the same question since I don't use Opera consistently enough to warrant it. :) Thanks for correcting me, though.
nuck

Post by nuck »

haus wrote:nuck, I must have an incorrect setting then.
I doubt that unless you've wound your security settings too tight in Opera.
When I try to use Opera I don't even get the choice of "stills" or "stream" at the top of the montage window like I do in Firefox
Works for me, as-installed. In both Linux and doze.
- as if ZoneMinder doesn't know that Opera is capable of streaming.
To the best of my knowledge, Zoneminder doesn't know or care what any browser is capable of doing, ZM just sends the data out there and it's up to the browser to deal with what it is sent.
haus

Post by haus »

Opera 9.51 on Windows XP SP2 only works if I set Zoneminder options, "Override automatic detection of browser streaming capability", to "yes". Then I can stream. If I set that to "auto", the default, Opera only shows stills and reverts to my ZM_WEB_H_REFRESH_CYCLE of 15 seconds.
tdukes

Post by tdukes »

coke wrote:I think it only does it if you have the option checked to resize the window. Ever since I turned that off (or maybe another setting, it's been a while) I haven't been plagued by that issue. ZM_WEB_RESIZE_CONSOLE on the web tab.
You're right! That seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks!!
________
LINCOLN V12 ENGINE HISTORY