Zoneminder 1.23 latest, open with Browser, php buttons?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
we4zonM

Zoneminder 1.23 latest, open with Browser, php buttons?

Post by we4zonM »

Building Zoneminder 1.23 latest. On opening Zoneminder with a browser Firefox 3.0.4, see several buttons with some type of computer code and not the typical Zoneminder buttons. The buttons have <?=$zmSlangRefresh ?> type of text in them. After searching, found that it is from php file:

zm_html_view_console.php
<td align="center"><input type="button" value="<?= $zmSlangRefresh ?>" class="form" onClick="javascript: location.reload(true);"></td>
zm_html_view_controlcaps.php:<input type="button" value="<?= $zmSlangRefresh ?>" class="form" onClick="javascript: location.reload(true);">
I can click the button, and it reloads, but the page still does not look right. It is missing most all of the Zoneminder data and the upper right part just has two vertical bars instead of text and a selectable link. The text Zoneminder is on the page and it links to the web site. I have installed the packages for php5. Is there some change that I need to do to get it to work with these files? I read something about short tags in php5? When I tried the test.php file, I had to change it to get it to work by adding "?php". Do I need to that here too? Then I would have to edit all the Zoneminder php files?

Searching. The zm_html_view_console.php already has the ?php, so I think that it is okay? I could not find zmSlangRefresh in any of the souce for the Zoneminder build? What is it?

Searching. You can run "make check", so I did that. I got an error:
ZoneMinder-1.23.3/scripts/ZoneMinder'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
cordel

Post by cordel »

This indicates that short tags are not enabled in Apache.
You need to enable short tags in the php.ini so that you have

Code: Select all

short_open_tag = On