Making .MPG via filter?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
hudibras

Making .MPG via filter?

Post by hudibras »

Is it possible to let ZM make the .MPG files via filter anyhow?
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

yes easily, just select mpg as default format by Add a * next to it in the options then going into filters and a selecting the check box that says create video
hudibras

Post by hudibras »

kingofkya wrote:yes easily, just select mpg as default format by Add a * next to it in the options then going into filters and a selecting the check box that says create video
Easy written, but not that easy. Do I submit or save this? Tryed both, but nothing happens. I want it to make .MPG on every event, just from now!
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

ok i will explain a little better

First Click Options from the main zm window

Next go image tab and look for ZM_FFMPEG_FORMATS

You should see some thing like this (mpg* mpeg mp4 wmv avi mov 3gp**) in the box make sure mpg has a * next to it and click save.

Ok now go back to the main window and select day or what ever set of events you want to have a .mpg created for.

Then click show filter window at the top

Now in the filter window check the box next to "Create video for all matches:"

Then push the Execute button

Now you may also want to download all those videos at once to do this go back the the events list (the part where you pressed show console window) and click on view all then click the top most check box the selects all events.

Last thing is to scroll the the bottom and select your pref(including Export Video Files) and then export button again

Ok its now very detailed
hudibras

Post by hudibras »

kingofkya wrote:ok i will explain a little better

You should see some thing like this (mpg* mpeg mp4 wmv avi mov 3gp**) in the box make sure mpg has a * next to it and click save.

Ok now go back to the main window and select day or what ever set of events you want to have a .mpg created for.

Now you may also want to download all those videos at once to do this go back the the events list (the part where you pressed show console window) and click on view all then click the top most check box the selects all events.

Last thing is to scroll the the bottom and select your pref(including Export Video Files) and then export button again

Ok its now very detailed
Yes Thank you very much. Worked great, I made a small script to move them.

Now the problem show up again, but this time is the upgraded 1.24 That dam little check box is missing!
Some other minor problems, ordered a new capture card a faster one with four chips instead.

Max
hudibras

Post by hudibras »

hudibras wrote:
kingofkya wrote:ok i will explain a little better

Ok its now very detailed
Yes Thank you very much. Worked great, I made a small script to move them.

Now the problem show up again, but this time is the upgraded 1.24 That dam little check box is missing!
Some other minor problems, ordered a new capture card a faster one with four chips instead.

Max
SOLVED Missed a check box, decode/encode installed!