Zoneminder and Core2 Duo

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
sipi

Zoneminder and Core2 Duo

Post by sipi »

Hello, somebody use it in subject? What is it work? Can use Zoneminder all core in processor?

I use Pentium D, 1MB RAM, 16 IP cam and like change the processor to a Core2 Duo because load is 4-6.
coke

Post by coke »

The capture and analysis daemons for each camera run as seperate processes, so theoretically shouldn't have problems utilizing multiple cores. My load is 1.39 at the moment with 7 ip cams, core 2 quad 2.6 ghz.

I'm also surfing on it presently, and running a seperate windows VM for testing some other stuff.
sipi

Post by sipi »

Thanks coke I understand your answer but I don't know that zoneminder can uses multiple cores or OS (opensuse) automatically divides load to cores.
cordel

Post by cordel »

The short answer is, yes it can as the processes is distributed between the cores.
sipi

Post by sipi »

It's very fine. Thanks cordel.
SlovakJoe

Post by SlovakJoe »

Here's a detailed write-up of the hardware currently used for a production system I built this summer:

http://www.jozefnagy.com/content/christ ... rver_parts

It has a Core2Duo and both cores are equally in use. Both the Capture and Analysis daemons run as separate processes for each camera. Also, if anyone's viewing, the Apache processes are separate for each camera. So yes, the OS will split things up just fine.