Add gate open button to camera view?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
nbutterworth

Add gate open button to camera view?

Post by nbutterworth »

The company I work for is considering an upgrade to our current entry gate control systems. Currently, we have an IP camera (D-Link of some sort, not important at this point) trained on the car entry gate, and another one on the main pedestrian entry gate (there are other ped and car gates, but unimportant for now). Entry from the outside at either gate is controlled by a card swipe system; the ped gate swipe holds off a strong electromagnetic latch, and the car gate swipe triggers a typical sliding gate mechanism (modified garage door opener). Each gate also has a couple of buttons wired to it; the buttons are installed in 2 different offices where a couple of ladies monitor the cams. They punch the buttons when they get a call requesting entry from a visitor. But one of the ladies is retiring in 3 weeks, so we need a change to this system.

I have a ZM system set up and monitoring 4 data center cameras (all IP). Of course, since the gate cams are also IP it will be trivial to add them to the system. We are considering the use of a WebRelay device at each of the gates to trigger the release mechanisms. The WebRelay devices are IP-connected relays with web interfaces. They support power over ethernet, have trigger inputs, and can also act upon commands from the web interface or an XML-based command system.

My desire is this: to add a button for each of these gate monitors in ZM (and any other monitors if desired) that will send the appropriate command to trigger the gate release. Then anyone who receives a visitor call from the call boxes can look at the associated camera and trigger the gate from the ZM monitor view. So the question is, is it possible to add such a button to the camera view monitors in ZM?
momcilosystem

Re: Add gate open button to camera view?

Post by momcilosystem »

I am sorry to bring up this very old thread, but that is what I was searching.

Is there an option to open door on mouse click?

I've read about X10 devices, but it seems there is no manual switch.

Any help would be appreciated

Momcilo.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Add the buttons for a PZT camera, even if they are not motorized, then customize the function of each button to open the door you want, turn on the light, etc. Just an idea....

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
momcilosystem

Post by momcilosystem »

I am sorry I am not sure I understood you:

are you saying "Try this" or are you saying "This could be the way for developers to do it"

Thanks.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

I'm saying that editing the control file of a camera (or creating a custom file for your camera), even if it's not motorized, you could access and create custom functions for the buttons, see a sample here- http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=59016, and search for PacoLM, I just changed the preset functions to custom functions to change the sensor mode of my camera. Again, by editing your file, you could add another kind of actions, if I'm not wrong....look for a harwdware that could be activated by a serial port, ethernet or X10 and then try to control it from the presets.

Regards,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...