possible bug - could somebody test for me please

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
kevin_robson

possible bug - could somebody test for me please

Post by kevin_robson »

I've installed the latest version of ZM. Unfortunately I have hacked about with the main page and do not know if I have introduced a bug or whether it was there already.

On the main page click the days events. These need to be over 1 page long, so if you only have 25 events for that day set it to display 20 per page.

Then look at events. The first 20 will be displayed OK. Click on page two though and it goes to page 2 of weekly events instead of page 2 of daily events.

Likewize, looking at weekly events, page 2 seems to take it to page two of the monthly events.

Can anyone else duplicate this behaviour or have I messed up on my modifications?

Thanks
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

Yes, I'm have problems with the event pager too.

I look at events for the hour or day, change the page, and it's showing events for the whole month (or week, my system only stores up to 5-6 days).

The "View All" command in the Events window also has the same problem.
kevin_robson

Post by kevin_robson »

Thanks for checking.
I'm no php expert but will have a look to see if I can work out which links are wrong.

Unless anyone more knowledgeable can offer a fix in the meanwhile?
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

I might have time to take a look at it this weekend. I suspect this bug might be related to a bug in the Timeline window I found and patched a little while ago (http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11324).

That bug, that first appeared in 1.23.2, was caused by zoneminder storing the request parameters (which in this case be the paging and time range information ZM would) in a URL encoded format and using that to create links with it in the html output (<a>, window.location='/zm/index.php?(params go here)'>, etc).

To fix the problem I passed the request parameters to urldecode in parts where they are being used in <a> tags and javascript "window.location=" calls. But don't do it for javascript "window.open" calls.
kevin_robson

Post by kevin_robson »

Okay...
You're clearly way ahead of me on this one. I'll leave it to you I think :)
Thanks
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

I posted a bug fix for this problem in the user contributions forum.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11473
kevin_robson

Post by kevin_robson »

Great. Thanks for that. I'll hopefully get around to applying it soon.