Modect monitor permanently in "Status: Alarm"

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
gore

Post by gore »

I'm setting up zoneminder on gentoo (version 1.23.1), and it seems to work great for the most part. I'm having one SNAFU - my "Modect" monitor enters alarm state when there's motion, but the event never ends when the motion stops. The event continues to grow larger indefinitely until I manually delete it or disable alarms.

Can anybody help me figure out this problem? I can't really tell if it's a bug or just a problem with my configuration.
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

My guess is that you have a min pixel threshold that is too low in one of your zones in the monitor. Try raising the min pixel threshold little by little until the monitor doesn't go into a non-stopping alarm state.
gore

Post by gore »

timcraig wrote:My guess is that you have a min pixel threshold that is too low in one of your zones in the monitor. Try raising the min pixel threshold little by little until the monitor doesn't go into a non-stopping alarm state.
Well, the thing is, it initially detects motion properly. It won't *start* an alarm until there's actually motion - it's just that once started, it never stops. I've tried tweaking all of the sensitivity settings and nothing causes it to stop (though they do have an impact on how much motion is required for the alarm to start).
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

does it actually stay in alrm ie if you look on playback does it have events after the inital and just the display reports alarm constantly?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
gore

Post by gore »

jameswilson wrote:does it actually stay in alrm ie if you look on playback does it have events after the inital and just the display reports alarm constantly?
It seems to stay in alarm constantly. There appears to be one continuous event, and the event keeps growing until I manually disable alarms. Before I stop it, it looks like this in the display (I did this one just now):

17 New Event 03/21 11:07:51 0.00 / 0/0

The total number of frames and the duration show as 0 until I force the monitor off, at which point the duration becomes the total length of time between the initial motion and the time I disabled monitoring.

If I use "blob" for detection and look at the time line, I can see the motion outlines show up properly when there's motion, and there don't seem to be any incorrect outlines when there's not motion.
gore

Post by gore »

Hmm, one other note - I just downgraded to 1.22.3, and everything seems to work fine with similar settings. Maybe this is a version specific bug.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

I have a place with Zm 1.23.1 under Pclos That just checked. There are Motion events from "Modect" setting that i would say are ok. None is long.
Also checked another Zm 1.23.2 under Pclos from RPM this was 1.23.1 and i upgrade it. Also has normal Motion events recorded.
If you need more information about my settings, just let me know.
hochholzer

Post by hochholzer »

Perhaps the option "Linked Monitors" in the "monitor tab" ist set?

In this field must not set the monitor from the same camera. See Documentation from linkes monitors:
"Be very careful not to create circular dependencies with this feature however you will have infinitely persisting alarms which is almost certainly not what you want!"
Krieger69

Post by Krieger69 »

I used to have a similar problem and it was really annoying me for several days... I decided to just remove the monitor and start over and now it works :S amazing haha

Cheers!