MOCORD aparently working on 1.23.2

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
caladeira

MOCORD aparently working on 1.23.2

Post by caladeira »

Hello!

I've a system installed from Peter's DEB on Ubuntu Server 7.10.

This system has 8 cameras using two PICO2000 card.

If I set a camera to MODECT, it works without problems.
If I set to RECORD, again, it will work as expected.

If I set to MOCORD, it works as RECORD.
There is no motion events recorded.
During motion detection, if I open the monitor view, I can see alarms (in red) beeing triggered but no motion events recorded.

Does anywone have seen this behavior?
Any adea where I should start to look?

Best regards.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Thats what mocord is, Continuous recording with all events logged in the database.
You have to wait till the recording is sectioned before you can view the database.
caladeira

Post by caladeira »

Hi Cordel, thanks for your quick reply.

Hoever, I've two cameras running on MOCORD mode for more than a day and I continue to have only events with cause equal to continuous.

The areas covered by this two cameras are always with people crossing.
As I've said, if I change from MOCORD to MODECT, I get lots os motion events.

I'm not absolutly sure, but I think I've seen in version 1.22.3 the MOCORD working this way:

Continuous event recording is interrupted by motion event and then resume to a new continuous event.
cordel

Post by cordel »

No it does not, Mocord is done on sections for the length of time you set in your options. The default is 600 seconds.
caladeira

Post by caladeira »

Ok, Mocord is recorded in sections like Record.

Where goes the events related with motion?
In the setup I've explained, I can't see any motion related events, only the continuous ones.
For me this is the Record, not the Mocord.

At least is this I can understand from the respective definitions on the wiki:

Code: Select all

Record – In this case continuous events of a fixed length are generated regardless of motion which is analogous to a convention time-lapse video recorder. No motion detection takes place in this mode. 

Code: Select all

Mocord – This is a hybrid of Modect and Record and results in both fixed length events being recorded and also any motion being highlighted within those events. 
Please put some light on this.
cordel

Post by cordel »

The section is generated as one event, if you look at the event (I do this by clicking on the alarmed frames link) you will see any frames with motion highlighted in red.

It's logged in the database same as a modect event, just that it don't close the event untill the section length is reached.

The way you were thinking would create redundant files which would consume more space on the drive.
caladeira

Post by caladeira »

I'm sorry Cordel, I clearly was talking about what I've dreamed, not what I've seen!

Just one more thing, do you have any chance of generate a video for only a part of a continuous event: ie. some part with alarmed frames?

Best regards.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Trough the console you can only generate video for the entire event. Doing it any other way (using ffmpeg directly) would take half a day just to type in everything to the CLI to make one event if you only want to use certain frames. Time is of course subject to how many frames you have to type in and how offten you have to adjust the frame rate.

It would be much more simple to export the event, and edit the video in what ever program you like to crop it down to what you want.
caladeira

Post by caladeira »

Ok, thanks.

Maybe I change of fixed event duration to make it easier.
bazso

Post by bazso »

Hi,

I have the same idea, and working on solution. In mocord the number of events is useless, does not show the number of movements (the last one makes me happy if it was zero while I'm not at home). And the bigger problem is if I wanted to post the event, it's wasting bandwidth, and difficult filtering the needed events. I will write the solution to feature request topic.

Regards,
BaZso