compiling from source 1.23.1 on a slackware12 RESOLVED

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
sugacapra

compiling from source 1.23.1 on a slackware12 RESOLVED

Post by sugacapra »

UPDATE :
resolved the php permission problem (move the sessions to /tmp and resolve it)

UPDATE:
Resolved!
was a config in php.ini (the <? are the short tags... i've to set my
server to accept short tags and this was resolved :D)

unable at the moment to resolve the absence on browsers of any info
on index.php page..
Going to localhost/index.php and i see only :

Zoneminder - -

and 4 buttons with :
<?= $zmSlangRefresh ?> <?= $zmSlangAddnewmonitor ?>
and so on..

damn, maybe is the & that i add on compile.. cause maybe.. it will pass
the name of variables insteat of string? i try now to remove my stupid
modifies :D and let you know.
I've downloaded also the latest ffmpeg svn.. hope this resolve..

hi there,
i'm looking for a bit of help cause compiling from source i've zm 1.23.1 i've an error like this one:
zm_mpeg.cpp:281: error: cannot convert 'ByteIOContext' to 'ByteIOContext*' for argument '1' to 'int url_fclose(ByteIOContext*)'
zm_mpeg.cpp: In member function 'double VideoStream::EncodeFrame(uint8_t*, int, bool, unsigned int)':
zm_mpeg.cpp:325: warning: 'img_convert' is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h:2410)
zm_mpeg.cpp:325: warning: 'img_convert' is deprecated (declared at /usr/local/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h:2410)
make[2]: *** [zm_mpeg.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/tgz/ZoneMinder-1.23.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tgz/ZoneMinder-1.23.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

now, looking on row 281 of the zm_mpeg.cpp i find that the assignment of t ByteIOContext work if i pass with & (address? don't remember, my C knowledge is rusty..) mean that a & was forgotten?

i read in other thread that the problem is the version of ffmpeg (mine is of 2007-10-12 maybe is old?

but changing the & the make goes on and success.

at least, i've some other problem after, and i cant resolve at the moment..

but i think is a permission problem (just at the moment i didn't realize where i have to act to resolve it :D)

zm start correctly, but on the index page i've just a white page with only 4 button without the correct name (just some sort of variables of lang_name) and looking at the error_log of apache i find :

[Tue Feb 12 03:14:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/lib/php/sess_tvfmnht65lndt0arumn2sh6eh0, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/htdocs/zm.php on line 155
[Tue Feb 12 03:14:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/sess_tvfmnht65lndt0arumn2sh6eh0, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0
[Tue Feb 12 03:14:27 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php) in Unknown on line 0

what the hell.. (this is my first attemp on slack12 .. i usually in past use the slack10.2 and work good..)
someone know what changes are needed in php or apache conf or maybe is just the modify i did on the zm_mpeg.cpp that block all (i doubt it..but who know?)

thanks